- This volunteering is with an external community organisation that UOWx has a partnership with.
- Please contact email@example.com once you have been accepted into this role and UOWx will add you to the Moodle site so you can commence claiming your hours.
How is this program run?
This program is run both online & in person
What will I do?
Healthy Cities Illawarra are dedicated to addressing underlying social, economic and environmental causes of health inequality and working in partnership with local government, health care providers and other community organisations to deliver meaningful health and wellbeing outcomes for our community.
As a growing non-for-profit health promotion agency that’s all about innovation and fresh ideas, we’re looking to bring on someone who’s pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or Public Relations is preferred.
During this role you’ll work on multiple projects focused on community growth and engagement through our digital channels, whilst having the opportunity to develop and grow your skills.
As a growing non-for-profit health promotion agency that’s all about innovation and fresh ideas. Key areas of responsibility may involve tasks included (but not limited to):
- Contribute to Social media strategy (mainly Instagram and Facebook) including research, planning, sourcing and creating social content, posting and reporting
- Help to develop scalable solutions to educate the market, industry & partners around Health Cities Illawarra
- Collaborate with internal teams, to bring inspiring, strategic, and innovative ideas, and stories to life for our socials, the website and newsletters
- Assist in the execution of B2B and B2C marketing, communications and event strategies - this includes assisting in integrated campaigns, marketing collateral, case studies or event decks
How will I benefit?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop:
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- On the job learning in a not-for-profit health promotion agency
- Help drive community and social change
How do I apply?
Please send your resume along with a cover letter telling us why you want to volunteer to Ingrid at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any special requirements for this role?
No special requirements for this role
Minimum requirements for UOWx recognition
To receive UOWx Recognition for volunteering with a community partner, you will need to email email@example.com to let us know you are enrolled as a volunteer. You will be provided with instructions about how to log your hours for this role.
To have this activity added to your UOWx Record, you must complete the following:
- An "engaged" student will need to be complete 25 hours over a calendar year
- A "highly engaged" student will need to complete 50 hours over a calendar year
|Where?||When?||Time commitment||Type||Learning Streams|
||Regular weekly shifts based on your availability.||