Your study options and visa responsibilities
The Australian Government's Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act
- The ESOS Act is a legislative framework designed to ensure that Australia’s reputation for delivering quality education services is maintained and that the interests of international/overseas students are protected.
- Your study options are determined by the ESOS Act.
Return to on-campus learning in 2023
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, requirements for face-to-face learning were relaxed, and international students could undertake courses online.
- The Australian Government has announced a return to face-to-face teaching requirements and international students enrolled after 30 June 2023 will need organise to study in Australia, in on-campus subjects.
- This applies to all international students on student visas.
- We strongly encourage all offshore students to make arrangements to travel to Australia, and UOW, as soon as possible.
- If you are unable to return, there may be options available to you. UOW will email students and update this website when more information is available on this.
- You receive accurate information about your course, tuition fees and refund policies.
- You have access to support services and complaints processes and information about changes to your enrolment.
- You must comply with the conditions of your student visa. The University is required to monitor and report some of these conditions to the Department of Home Affairs.
- Breaching visa conditions may lead to visa cancellation.