We provide resources, programs, events and services to help students to establish appropriate career goals and to identify pathways and strategies to achieve those goals.
What do you need help with?
- I want to get clear about my career direction
- I want to gain professional experience
- I want to find a part-time job
- I want to find a graduate role
- I want advice on my resume or applying for a job
- I want to engage with employers
What career path/s suits me?
- Want to start planning your career journey? Watch our Career journey video, come along to a workshop, or check out the Career Action Plan (PDF).
- Explore what careers will suit you with the CareerSmart Discovery Tool and explore our range of other career self-assessments.
- Get clear about your career direction with our Careers Central subject CRL100: Career Ready Learning, which is especially useful for generalist degrees.
What can I do with my degree?
- Need a little inspiration? See what roles other grads have gone onto with your degree by exploring what can I do with my degree?
Want personalised career support?
UOW Careers Central has a team of experienced staff who you can meet with to discuss your career thinking and what you might do during and after your studies. Book a Career Chat today.
- Gain relevant work experience and develop your employability skills with UOW WIL subjects and programs
- Gain valuable experience and skills on campus with Jobs on Campus or extra or co-curricular activities
- Access external work experience or paid opportunities: UOW JobBoard / External paid opportunities / Volunteering / Virtual Internship
- Develop international experience with an overseas student exchange
- Find out how to access the hidden job market
- Sign up to our four week Grad-U-Ready Series to refine your resume, interview and application skills and chat to Career Coaches
- Need a little inspiration? See what careers other grads have gone on to with your degree. What can I do with my degree?
- Transition into a new career with a graduate recruitment program
- The majority of roles for graduates are found outside formal graduate programs. Explore the range of online employment websites or access the hidden job market
- Want to be an entrepreneur? Find out how
- Upload your resume and receive instant feedback with our CV360 tool.
- Use our step by step online guide to develop your professional resume with our CV builder.
- Give yourself the best chance to win the job by completing our free job seeking workshops on resumes, interviews, selection criteria and more.
- Get feedback from a career professional on your resume or job application with our online resume review service (conditions apply). Upload documents
- Look through our detailed information on how to apply for jobs, covering all steps of the recruitment process.
- Attend our Employer Presentations remotely via Webex
- Increase your employability through participation in one of our work-integrated learning programs.
- Connect with Alumni via LinkedIn or extend your professional circles by joining a professional association in your field of interest
- Talk to potential employers (remotely) through information interviewing