How to enrol in subjects
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework students can re-enrol by logging into SOLS and selecting ‘Enrolments and Variations’ from the left hand menu. For returning Research students, please go here.
General information regarding re-enrolment processes is provided below.
Most degrees have a number of core subjects, i.e., subjects that must be completed. There are also elective subjects which you may choose. For information on subjects available to you for your degree, please refer to the Course Handbook for further information.
Specific course questions should be referred to Faculty Administrative staff for Academic advice.
- Faculty of the Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Faculty of Business and Law (Wollongong and Sydney)
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences
- Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health
When to re-enrol
Re-enrolling processes open at different times for different sessions. To find out the 'first day to enrol' for continuing students, refer to the Key Dates page. Add your subjects early to secure your place in your preferred subjects and tutorial times.
How to re-enrol
To re-enrol simply:
- Log into SOLS
- Select 'Enrolments / Variations' (from the left hand menu)
- Enter the subject code in the space provided (some subjects are offered in more than one session. Be sure to select the correct session); and
- Click 'add subject'.
HINT: Some subjects are offered on more than one campus. Users can see campus offerings by checking the box in the top right corner for 'List subjects on all campuses'. Students may need approval to enrol in other campus instances of subjects.
Changing subjects after enrolment
After enrolment, you are able to vary enrolment details as often as you like (provided changes are made within the permitted date periods). To do this simply:
- Log into SOLS; and
- Select ‘Enrolments / Variations’ (from the left hand menu).
If there is a course restriction it may be due to missing the appropriate time period to enrol in a course. In these instances, the Subject Addition form and/or Amendment to Academic Record form should be completed.
What happens if a student does not re-enrol?
If you do not re-enrol, the course will eventually lapse (usually after six months). Where a course lapses, and if you decide to return to UOW, you will need to apply for a new offer. If you would like to take a break from studies and subsequently return, you may wish to familiarise yourself with UOW's 'Taking a break from study' provisions.
Enrolment system errors
- The last date to add a subject has passed (refer to Key Dates)
- The subject is full, i.e., over quota
- There is a Course Constraint; or
- The student has reached the maximum 'credit points' for enrolling into a session.
In these instances, you will need approval via the relevant Faculty by completing the Subject Addition Form. Students should double check they are entering the correct subject code.
HINT: Subject codes are 7 characters in length and may contain spaces, e.g. UNI 001.