All members of the University of Wollongong community have access to a UOW User Account.
User account & password
Your UOW User Account gives you access to the various IT services available as well as your personal information stored within your UOW Account Profile. Your User Account also allows you to login and change your password.
UOW User Account
Staff, associates and students get allocated UOW User Accounts upon employment or enrolment.
Students activate their accounts as part of the enrolment process.
All staff and associate accounts have a sponsor, these sponsors are responsible for day-to-day management of UOW user accounts for faculties and divisions. Staff, associates and students who have an IMTS managed device can apply for local desktop admin rights to their machine by logging a ticket through the IT Service Desk.
UOW password management
The UOW self-service password management tool (PWM) lets you to manage your password anytime/anywhere without needing to contact IMTS.
PWM is easy to use, only takes a few minutes to set up and gives you access to secure online password recovery, with SMS and alternate email.
It is a requirement at UOW to have a PWM security profile, so set yours up today to access to secure online password recovery options.
Always remember, IMTS will never ask for your username or password via email.
- Password parameters and FAQs
- Maintain your PWM Profile
- Change password
- Reset an expired or forgotten password
- Recover a forgotten username
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) set up and management (Staff)
UOW uses MFA for several UOW systems and applications. During your first login to these systems, you will need to set up your MFA and verify your login. You should have at least two authentication methods in case you change or misplace your mobile phone. MFA is session based and will expire within 30 days.
This means, you will be prompted to reauthenticate to university systems on a regular basis. The following steps help you set up MFA on your UOW User account:
- Click on our Knowledge Base article about MFA to access information and instructions.
- In the new window, click on ‘Use internal login’.
- Add your UOW username and your password, then click ‘Login’.
- Please read the Knowledge Base article to inform yourself about the MFA methods, expected MFA behaviours, and having at least two authentication methods.
- Select the appropriate guideline to set up MFA and add an alternate method.
- On Campus and Online Students should contact IT Student Support on +61 2 4221 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff should contact the IT Service Desk on +61 2 4221 3000 (extension 3000) or email email@example.com
- Search for answers online in our comprehensive Knowledge Base
- Staff & students of international campuses should contact their local IT support