What is My eQuals?
Digital academic documents are available to UOW students through My eQuals, a shared digital portal being used by 47 universities across Australia and New Zealand to host and authenticate digital academic documents. Through My eQuals, UOW digitally issue:
- Australian Higher Education Graduation Statements (AHEGS); and
- UOWx Awards and UOWx Records (where relevant).
My eQuals provides a number of benefits for users including:
- A secure platform for universities to host and authenticate official digital academic documents
- Anytime, anywhere access for students to their digitally issued documents
- Once issued, students can share their certified digital documents with nominated third parties; and
- Third parties can use the platform for education verification, via online access to an official document (once it has been shared by a student).
Having access to digital academic documents on a secure platform avoids the need for students to hold multiple original or certified copies of their academic documentation.
Who can use My eQuals?
Current (and past) students can request digital academic documentation via the online form (also on the Official UOW documentation web page). Students graduating from December 2018 onwards will be automatically issued with digital documentation - free of charge. The automatic issuance of hardcopy documentation for graduating students will be phased out between July 2019 and July 2020. The phasing model is as follows:
Students graduating July 2019 and April 2020:
- will receive their official academic documentation digitally
- will receive their testamur in hardcopy; and
- will be able to purchase a transcript, AHEGS and UOWx documentation in hardcopy on request (for a fee) after conferral.
Onshore graduating students will receive their official academic documents digitally via My eQuals. For specific information regarding official digital documentation when graduating, please visit the Graduation & beyond webpage.
My eQuals and privacy
The My eQuals and Privacy statement describes how UOW manages your personal information (for the purpose of providing you with a means to access and share digitally certified versions of your academic documents) via My eQuals.
For more information on My eQuals, the My eQuals FAQ's may be able to help. If you need help navigating the portal, simply download the following user guides to assist.