About the labs
The Student Computer Labs are located on Level 1 of Building 17 on the Wollongong campus and provide students with access to email, web, applications software and printing.
In addition to these services, the teaching laboratories contain special purpose software for tutorials run by individual departments. When there are no tutorials scheduled, teaching laboratories may be used by any UOW student (please check the tutorial timetable available online or outside each lab).
Students must abide by the IT Acceptable Use Policy when accessing the labs. No food or drinks are permitted in the computer labs teaching rooms.
The Student Computer Labs are available 24/7 during session*:
25th February to 30th June 2019
29th July to 24th November 2019
*Some changes due to Public Holidays as noted below. This is a "study-hall" arrangement, with access to self-service facilities and computers. Outside these dates, the Labs operate at the same time as the Student IT Service Desk.
IT staff are available at the Student IT Service Desk to assist with enquiries during their opening times.
Public holiday hours
- Easter: Fri 19 April - Sun 21 April CLOSED
- Open: Mon 22 April 10am - 8pm
- ANZAC Day Open: Tue 25 April 10am - 8pm
- Queen's Birthday Open: Mon 10 June 10am - 10pm
- Labour Day Open: Mon 7 October 10am - 8pm
- Christmas: Wed 25 - Tue 31 December CLOSED
Layout of the labs
- On Campus and Online Students should contact the IT Service Desk on +61 2 4221 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff should contact the IT Service Desk on +61 2 4221 3000 (extension 3000) or log a ticket via the self-service portal
- Staff & Students of international campuses should contact their local IT support
- Visit us at Level 1, Building 17, Wollongong Campus