The next round of graduation ceremonies at the Wollongong campus will be held on Tuesday 16 April – Thursday 18 April 2024.
Transformation of the UOW Sports Hub for Graduation
A timelapse showcasing the incredible transformation of UOW's Sports Hub on Wollongong Campus to host the University's graduation ceremonies.
Tuesday 16 April 2024
- Faculty of Engineering & Information Sciences (EIS)
- Ceremony 1 - 9:30 am
- Ceremony 1 - 9:30 am
- Faculty of Business & Law (BAL)
- Ceremony 2 - 2:30 pm
Wednesday 17 April 2024
- Faculty of the Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities (ASSH)
- Ceremony 3 - 9:30 am
- Ceremony 4 - 2:30 pm
Thursday 18 April 2024
- Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health (SMAH)
- Ceremony 5 - 9:30 am
- Ceremony 6 - 2:30 pm
If you intend to graduate in 2024 you need to apply to graduate and have your eligibility confirmed before you will be invited to attend a graduation ceremony. You can view the process here.
Invitations will be sent to students who had their graduation eligibility confirmed between 30 September and 15 December 2023 who haven't already attended a ceremony.
Students who have their graduation eligibility confirmed on 2 February 2024 will receive their invitation on 5 February 2024.
Invitations will be sent to the email address nominated for My eQuals.
If your eligibility is confirmed AFTER 2 February 2024 , you will be invited to attend a ceremony in October 2024.
Registration closes Sunday 25 February.
FAQs - Ceremonies
For detailed information please visit the your graduation day page.
- When do I arrive? Where do I park?
- How long do the ceremonies go for?
- Which ceremony will I be invited to?
- Can I attend a different ceremony?
For information relating to when to arrive, travel, location and parking and well as other important information, please click here.
We expect each ceremony will go for approximately 2-2.5 hours. You can find out more about ceremony proceedings here.
You will be invited to the ceremony for the Faculty who owns the degree you have graduated from.
If you have graduated with multiple degrees you will be invited to attend the graduation ceremony for your highest degree.
- If you've graduated from both a Bachelor AND Honours degree, Honours is the higher degree
- If you've graduated from both a Graduate Certificate and a Masters, Masters is the higher degree
If you have been invited but are unable to attend, you can choose to be invited to the next round of ceremonies. Please register your interest via the link in your invitation email.
FAQs - Invitations and payment
- How do I request an invite?
- I can’t locate my invitation. What do I do?
- What goes the graduation fee cover?
- I can't attend and have already paid. Can I get a refund?
Eligible students will be automatically sent an email invitation - you don't need to do anything.
If you are eligible to attend a ceremony, your invitation will be sent to the email address you nominate for My eQuals.
Make sure to check your junk/ spam folder.
The graduation fee covers the following:
- Hire of official academic dress
- Trencher or Bonnet which you can keep (if you don’t already have one)
- Graduation booklet
- Guest tickets
If you have paid for your ceremony but cannot attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Graduation’ in the subject line and attach a copy of your original payment receipt as well as your student number.
A refund will depend on how much notice is provided;
- More than 10 business days notice prior to your ceremony: a full refund
- Less than 10 business days notice prior to your ceremony: no refund unless in exceptional circumstances
If you request a refund with less than 10 days notice, a refund will be considered on a case by case basis with supporting evidence that you are unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances outside of your control.
Your refund will be credited to the same payment details that were provided when registering.
FAQs - International students
- Do I/ my guests need a visa?
- How do I get an invitation for my overseas guests?
- How do I amend/ print the invitation for my guests?
You and your guests need to ensure you meet Australian visa requirements. The Department of Home Affairs has comprehensive information about visa requirements and application procedures.
Please refer to the Department of Home Affairs
If your guests intend to travel from their home country to attend your graduation ceremony, they will need to ensure they have the correct entry requirements. Please refer to the Department of Home Affairs.
During the ceremony registration process, international students have the option to generate, save and/ or print a copy of a Graduation Invitation Letter for guests to use for travel and visa purposes.
If you did not request a letter during registration but now require one, please contact the Graduation team via email at email@example.com with ‘Graduation’ in the subject line in order to have one sent to you. You will not be able to generate a letter by modifying your registration.
Save or print: Log back into your account and select ‘view registration’. A link to view and/or save your Graduation Invitation Letter for overseas guests will be available on this page.
Amend names: If you need to amend the names of your guests please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Graduation’ in the subject line stating the changes required. A revised letter will be sent to you via email as soon as possible.