Please note: this volunteering is with an external community organisation that UOWx has a partnership with. Please contact email@example.com once you have been accepted into this role and UOWx will add you to the Moodle site so you can commence claiming your hours.
How is this program run?
This program is running online & in-person.
What will I do?
Our volunteering roles at Cancer Council work directly with our staff and other volunteers. You could be participating in event planning and fundraising activities; contacting businesses to source prize donations and inputting relationship data; or you could be involved in project research, calling supporters, business administration and data management.
Our team of volunteers are engaged in different role which support our mission to lessen the impact of cancer in our communities. You might be interested in:
- Volunteering Programs Support – volunteers work with the Community Volunteering Coordinator, providing support in volunteer data and compliance management, and involvement in the delivery of reward and recognition activities for the volunteer workforce.
- Events and Marketing Administration Support – volunteers engage with the fundraising team and provide administration and marketing support for events. This includes supporting fundraisers in the community with marketing collateral, encouragement and relationship support.
- Health Promotion – volunteers work with the programs team to help develop messaging to go on social media and share with the community around prevention and screening, as well as having opportunities to deliver Cancer Council Talks at events or at community groups such as the Shellharbour Seniors Festival, Men’s Shed, and Lions Club meetings.
- Practical Support Program Administration – volunteers support the administration management of programs that support people with cancer, including transport to treatment and accommodation.
- Social Media Campaign Promotion – volunteers help to create collateral and develop key messaging for some of Cancer Councils major campaigns.
How will I benefit?
As a volunteer with the Cancer Council you will:
- Be part of an amazing organisation;
- Have the opportunity to make an impact in your community;
- Be encouraged to learn and develop.
How do I apply?
Check out the current volunteer roles advertised through UOWx and on seek.volunteer.
Our needs change throughout the year so if you don't see anything for you, contact your local Cancer Council office which you can find on the Cancer Council website.
Are there any special requirements for this role?
Volunteers must be willing to:
- Attend an interview with a local Program Coordinator.
- Participate in training for the role.
- Be committed for the duration of the role.
Minimum requirements for UOWx recognition
To receive UOWx Recognition for volunteering with a community partner, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are enrolled as a volunteer. You will be provided with instructions about how to log your hours for this role.
To have this activity added to your UOWx Record, you must complete the following:
- An "engaged" student will need to be complete 30 hours over a calendar year.
- A "highly engaged" student will need to complete 50 hours over a calendar year.
For further information, view the Cancer Council Volunteer website.
|Where?||When?||Time commitment||Type||Learning Streams|
||Minimum of one day a week, with flexibility around university schedules.||