Autumn Census date is coming up on 31 March - this is your last chance to:
- Pay your fees upfront or defer your fees using a HELP Loan (domestic students only)
- Paying your fees upfront: You must pay your tuition fees by 31 March (unless you are an international student with an instalment plan), and your Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) by 1 April - ensure that this is reflected in SOLS as ‘Upfront’.
- Deferring your fees to your HELP Loan: To defer your tuition fees and SSAF payment to your HELP Loan, update your billing type by 31 March - go into SOLS and select Fees > HELP Loan Option > Maintain.
- Provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI) to UOW if you are a domestic UOW or UOW College student in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) and/or accessing a HELP Loan (HECS/FEE/SA/OS/VET HELP). See more information about USI requirements for international, offshore and non-award students here.
- Check your assessments: Make sure you have closely read your subject outlines so that you know the types of assessments you may be required to complete this session, such as an end of session (final) exam in the following modes:
- Online exam (via Moodle)
- Online invigilated exam (via Moodle and invigilated via Proctorio)
- Paper exam (on the campus you are enrolled at)
- School exam (on the campus you enrolled at - arrangements are made by Subject Coordinators)
- Withdraw from a subject for the current session without incurring tuition fees - if you withdraw before 31 March the subject will be removed from your record and you won’t be required to pay tuition fees.
- If you withdraw after this date, you will be financially liable for tuition fees - however you can apply to have the subject removed from your record before 5 May. After this date the subject will remain on your record.
- Please note for students receiving Centrelink benefits, withdrawing from subjects may impact your payments if study load requirements aren't met.
- If you are an international student, please check your visa requirements or speak with the AskUOW team before withdrawing from a subject.
- If you withdraw from all of your subjects for Autumn session, you will need to apply for a Leave of Absence. If you have not yet completed one full session of study, you will need to defer your studies, instead of taking a Leave of Absence. To apply, please complete the online Deferral Application. This will prevent your enrolment from being lapsed or discontinued. Contact the AskUOW team if you need further information.
Finding your studies difficult or not sure if you are on the right path?
We have a range of support services, both academic and non-academic, that are available to help you, free of charge. Contact one of our Student Support Coordinators today.
If you’re looking to change subjects or courses, contact the AskUOW team via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 275 869.