What is UOW Mentoring?
The UOW Mentoring Program pairs you one on one with an experienced mentor currently active in the workplace and who previously studied at UOW. The aim is to match you with someone who is keen to share their advice and experience in their industry, which aligns with your interests and degree.
Targeted to students in their final years of study, the program will help you build employability skills, increase your confidence before entering the workforce and raise your awareness of potential job opportunities in your field.
How does it work?
- Be partnered 1 on 1 with an experienced industry professional who studied at UOW;
- Interact with them face-to-face, by video chat or over the phone for a minimum of 5-6 hours over 8 weeks during session;
- Together, complete a Mentoring Agreement to keep you both accountable and decide on whether you’ll focus your time on completing a:
- 12 – 18 month Career Action Plan; or
- Job Application (cover letter, resume and responses to selection criteria) for a real job of your choice; and
- Students keep a reflective journal throughout to track their mentoring experience and development along the way.