iAccelerate offers a tailored education program built around delivering key knowledge areas critical to rapidly building a successful startup business. The courses are delivered by a combination of industry experts, experienced entrepreneurs, investors, paid professional Advisors and UOW Academics. The learning sessions, workshops and lunch & learn sessions assist startups, local businesses and students access training in core knowledge and skills areas and apply this to their own businesses. These programs are designed to better prepare startups for engagement with customers and investors, and for sustainable long-term growth.
UOW subjects and courses
UOW has entrepreneurial skill development and activities built into offered courses and programs. To find out what this looks like for you, contact your Careers Consultant who can help.
Lean Engineering Start Up (FEIS400)
- Run in a start up incubator where participants carry on their ECTE350 projects and develop them into a lean start up business.
- Topics covered include: Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition Design, IP, Customer discovery, marketing, Product Management, Brand Development. PR and Social Media. Digital strategy, Finance, Term Sheet negotiations, Leadership, HR and extensive pitch training. In addition a range of other business topics will be covered.
Master of Research (MRes)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Small Business Management
- Public Relations for Innovation and Change
Univative (Find out more)
- Programs like Univative can also give you an opportunity to develop your entrepreneurial skills working with business in a real world experience.
Sydney School of Entrepreneurship
Sydney School of Entrepreneurship (SSE) brings together student entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds, disciplines and locations across New South Wales and is partnering with UOW.
SSE offer free, online short course units to all undergraduate students enrolled at SSE Member institutions, such as UOW.
Local government support - Business Connect
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start or grow your small business. If you’re looking for support on starting your own business, you can talk to a Business Advisor before you launch.
Whether you are just starting out with a great business idea or looking to expand and grow your business, Business Connect services can help you on your journey to business success.
Entrepreneurs' Programme (Federal Government)
The Entrepreneurs' Programme is the Australian Government’s flagship initiative for business competitiveness and productivity. It forms part of the Australian Government’s National Innovation and Science Agenda.
The programme offers support to businesses through four elements:
- Accelerating Commercialisation - helps small and medium businesses, entrepreneurs and researchers to commercialise novel products, services and processes
- Business Management - experienced Business Advisers and Facilitators review business operations, including business direction, strategy, growth opportunities and supply chain. They provide a report with strategies for business improvement and work with you to make them happen.
- Incubator Support - assists New and Existing Incubators to improve the prospects of Australian start-ups achieving commercial success in international markets, through helping them to develop their business capabilities.
- Innovation Connections - experienced Innovation Facilitators work with your business to identify knowledge gaps that are preventing your business growth. The outcome is an Innovation Facilitation Report.
Practical support for businesses includes:
- advice from people with relevant private sector experience
- co-funded grants to commercialise new products, processes and services
- funding to take advantage of growth opportunities
- connection and collaboration opportunities.
An initiative of the Australian Government's National Innovation and Science Agenda to stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship.