There is plenty of support available to help you during your time in Australia and throughout your studies at University, including specialised services for International students. Check out the options and information below to find out more.
Support for UOW international students
International student starter guide
- Key contacts and keeping up to date
- Getting started at UOW
- Support and resources
- Getting involved at UOW
- External resources
- Emergency services in Australia (urgent or life-threatening): call 000.
- UOW Security (on campus): call 4221 4900, raise an alert using SafeZone or dial #1 at any campus security telephone.
Administration and other contacts
- Student Central - your primary administrative and information contact during your studies
- AskUOW - find answers to commonly asked questions about UOW
- UOW Security - for general safety enquiries and safety escorts on campus
Not enrolled at the Wollongong campus?
- Check your enrolled campus "Current students" website for specific contacts
Keep up to date
All UOW students have access to the UOW support services, these include:
- Student support services
- Academic support
- Social interaction and additional support
Health, mental health, and wellbeing
- Campus health and medical services
- UOW 24-hour Student Wellbeing Support Line
- Counselling services for international students returning to Australia
- Mental Health & Wellbeing tips, support and resources
- International Student Health Hub
If you have BUPA Health Insurance (Overseas Student Health Cover – OSHC), call the BUPA 24-hr student advice line to speak to staff who can speak your home language - see the BUPA pamphlet for more information.
- Couch Conversations - connect with your UOW community and make new friends.
- UOWx - get involved in volunteer and paid opportunities to enhance you skills while receiving formal recognition.
- Careers Central - everything you need for your future career to increase your employability
- UOW Pulse - fun outside the lecture rooms. Join clubs and societies; find out about events, parties, volunteering programs and more.
- International Student Success - interactive online course is designed to provide practical strategies and tips to help you achieve your best and enjoy your time at UOW. How to register/log in guide (PDF)
- Being Well, Living Well - self-paced online modules providing tools, resources and tips to enhance your student experience.
- Consent Matters - covers sexual consent, communication in relationships, and bystander intervention. This course will help you understand what consent looks like and identify situations where it can’t be given.
- Care Now Self-Directed Programs (via LifeWorks) - self-directed programs covering relationships, mind, body, work, and personal finances. Access the LifeWorks portal.
Resources to help you settle into Australia, from getting set-up in your first weeks, to employment, health, accommodation, knowing your rights and more: