Jobs on Campus (JOC) is a free and efficient recruitment and selection service aimed to help you fill your casual vacancies with capable, committed and ‘campus ready’ UOW students and recent graduates.
JOC hiring managers
Students participating in the JOC program are required to complete specific Careers and Employability workshops that will give them the skills and knowledge required to ensure the applications you receive are targeted, relevant and professional.
- Login to CareerHub and lodge your job vacancy. Under the category section, please select Jobs on Campus.
- Your vacancy will be advertised on the JOC JobBoard and a JOCAlert will be sent to students in the JOC talent pool.
Students can choose to apply for jobs using the skills they learned and developed through the JOC program including:
- resume writing
- interview skills
- selection criteria and online applications
- You will receive details for shortlisting and interviewing.
- The successful student is selected and appointed to the role.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact email@example.com at any stage of the process.
- Fast turnaround – we aim to provide a shortlist less than 48 hours after applications close.
- Easy and hassle free recruitment and selection – applications you receive will be professional and targeted, cutting out the need to scan through irrelevant resumes.
- Access to a talent pool of students who are committed, engaged and ‘campus ready’.
You are welcome to advertise casual positions that vary in length from a couple of days, to weeks, to months. Examples of roles advertised through JOC include:
- Administrative Assistants
- Research Assistants
- Communication Officers
- Project Assistants
- Membership Consultants
- Client Service Representatives
- Annual Appeal Student Callers
- Student Relations Coordinators
- Hospitability and catering staff
- In2Uni Mentors
- Science Space Ambassador
- Employing students on campus contributes to their graduate employability and development of graduate attributes.
- Contributes to student retention and success, enhanced student engagement experience and overall satisfaction.
- JOC is a sustainable service that helps to build people capability aligned to UOW’s strategic direction.
So, next time you need to fill a casual position, think about employing students from the JOC talent pool.
More information on casual staff (staff intranet).
“JOC look after time consuming tasks that we are pressed for time to do e.g. contacting applicants/referees, doing Working with Children Checks. Also it was helpful having a JOC rep on our interview panel. Keep the service going, they are fantastic” – Science Space
“JOC helps recruit high-quality researchers more efficiently. It makes recruiting easier and gives me access to many great applicants” - School of Computing and Information Technology
JOC is an excellent UOW initiative and the staff there are to be congratulated for their professionalism. They’re very efficient and understood my hiring needs. JOC provides a wealth of resources that are 'on tap' and free! (They are) friendly staff who provide excellent customer service.