UOW has dynamic and vibrant campuses, with a range of exciting job opportunities for students. The Jobs on Campus (JOC) program is designed to connect students with on-campus opportunities.
Jobs on Campus
Why join JOC?
By joining the Jobs on Campus talent pool, you can have exclusive access to on-campus roles ranging from hospitality, retail, administration, research and student program ambassadors.
The JOC program:
- allows you to develop a targeted resume and learn key skills needed to be able to sell your skills and experiences in written applications
- steps you through the process of writing selection criteria and how to address statements of claim for key roles
- helps you develop your interviewing skills and practicing your responses, giving you the best chance of securing your dream position
- offers a simulated practice of the Australian recruitment process.
Sign up to the talent pool
Get started by filling out our quick form to register for Jobs on Campus. The talent pool process helps you make sure you are ready to apply for campus roles, enhancing your chances of being successful in the recruitment process.Register now
The JOC program is delivered both online and in-person and is estimated to take approximately 5 hours.
- Complete the registration form and you will receive a welcome email.
- Book yourself into the interactive virtual or in-person workshops listed below, or watch the video versions:
- How to: Write a successful resume and cover letter;
- What are selection criteria and how do you address them?; and,
- How to: Ace your job interview.
- Book a chat with an Employability Officer to get your resume reviewed and discuss the JOC program
- Complete the online student evaluation
Once you become part of the talent pool you'll be able to view and apply for jobs as soon as they're advertised.
The JOC program is recognised by UOWx.
The workshops I attended as part of JOC gave me skills that have been extremely valuable in applying for jobs, such as how to answer selection criteria and what to write in a cover letter. JOC provided a unique pathway that allowed me to find the perfect job for me. I received support with the application process and interview, which I believe is one of the main reasons I am now employed.