Tuition fees for postgraduate study depend on a few factors:
- the type and duration of the program (either coursework or higher degree research)
- if places are Commonwealth Supported or full-fee paying
- student eligiblity for Commonwealth support, scholarships or additional support through an equity program.
Postgraduate coursework programs
UOW coursework programs are designed to develop practical and specialised skills driven by the needs of industry. Some coursework degrees also offer the option to complete a research project.
Under the Australian Government's postgraduate funding model, eligibility for Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) offers depend on either the course or via applicant. As a result, some domestic postgraduate coursework places at UOW are CSPs and the remaining courses are full-fee paying places (FFPPs). UOW offers a limited number of CSPs across a number of fee-paying postgraduate coursework programs to students who meet certain equity criteria. Students who are allocated a CSP based on equity may be eligible for a HECS-HELP Loan.
Student contributions (for CSPs) and and tuition fees (for FFPPs) may be repaid via a deferred loan, depending on eligibility.
Aside from tuition fees, and to contribute to providing student services and amenities, undergraduate students also need to pay a Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF), and, depending on the subject, additional non-tuition costs.
Commonwealth Supported Places (CSPs)
Commonwealth Supported Places (CSPs) are University places where, for eligible domestic students, tuition fees are made up of two parts:
- an Australian Government contribution (for some courses, up to three quarters of the tuition fee is funded by the Australian Government)
- a student contribution (which may be deferred and repaid later via a HECS-HELP loan).
Generally, the postgraduate coursework fields of study offering CSPs are: Arts, Humanities, Health, Mathematics, Medicine, Medical Radiation Physics, Social Sciences, and Science.
Future students can find out which UOW postgraduate courses courses offer CSPs here.
The Australian Government's Study Assist website has more information about CSPs.