Course Transfer Information

Current students of the University are eligible to apply for transfer to a new course under the 'Variation of Course' provisions of the General Course Rules.

Course transfer procedures need to be followed if you want to:

  • change campus of enrolment
  • transfer from a single degree to a double degree (add a course)
  • transfer from a double degree to a single degree (remove a course)
  • transfer into a different degree

Applications should be made using the Undergraduate Course Transfer form or the Postgraduate Course Transfer form and be accompanied by any additional documentation required for the course, see relevant page:

Applications should be submitted after the release of results for the session prior to transfer and no later than:

  • For Autumn commencement: 31 January
  • For Spring commencement: 15 July

Completed forms to be emailed to

Students seeking transfer prior to the completion of 24 credit points should contact the Future Students team.

English language requirements

Minimum course English language proficiency requirements for international students are outlined at English Language Requirements. International students seeking to transfer to the Master of Social Work (Qualifying) must demonstrate competence in English to the standard specified on Course Finder.

For all other courses, transfer after one full time year of study satisfies the English language requirement. Transfer prior to a complete full time year requires proof of English Language proficiency.