There are many other opportunities provided by our overseas partners to support UOW students studying overseas. These are usually limited in number and some require an application and selection process.
Other funding available
2024 Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
Valued at $12,250 each for study at one of Asia’s leading universities, the scholarship is designed to develop your leadership skills, expand your global networks and create an authentic cultural experience. The scholarship starts with a one-week overseas residential program to help prepare you for your exchange and connect you with Australian-Asian leaders (travel permitting). More details on this scholarship to come in 2023.
ERASMUS + Program
Erasmus+ is a European program that offers generous funding for students to complete a semester exchange in Europe. We currently have Erasmus+ funding with the following institutions:
- Wageningen University, Netherlands
2100 € per student when completing a semester exchange in Spring 2023
Nicolas Baudin Travel Grants
The Embassy of France in Australia supports student mobility from Australia to France through the Nicolas Baudin Program, named for the French explorer and botanist who in 1802, at the same time as Matthew Flinders, charted the coast of New Holland (Australia).
- Nicolas Baudin Travel Grant
The Travel Grant covers the cost of a return flight ticket between Australia and France (up to the value of €1450, or AUD$2500)
- Nicolas Baudin Internships in France Initiative
- The Internship covers the cost of a return flight ticket between Australia and France (up to the value of €1450, or AUD$2500).
- The host institution in France provides the Australian student intern with a mandatory internship stipend (minimum of 560€ per month according to current internship laws in effect).
- The participating home university in Australia provides the Laureate with an additional grant to help cover their daily costs during their stay in France ($2500).
For more information on these opportunities contact the Office of Global Student Mobility.