Paying your account

Paying your account and helpful financial information

Your account will be billed on a fortnightly basis (Weekly Rate x 2). For more information about your weekly rate please see the 2023 Schedule of Fees.

To ensure your account is always up to date, please ensure your fortnightly payment schedule is for two weeks to cover the fortnightly charges. Residents are responsible for fees from the start to the end of the contract period which will be outlined in your letter of offer. 

All fees are paid via the accommodation portal. Fees can be paid in lump sums or installments.  

Paying your account in full

Accommodation Services
University of Wollongong
Northfields Ave
Wollongong, 2500

Regular payments

Your accommodation account will be billed fortnightly. You will need to login to the accommodation portal to see your account and the fortnightly fees applied to your account. 

BPAY is now available to pay your accommodation fees. All you need is our BPAY biller code (41772) as well as your CRN, which can be found by logging into our Portal and selecting 'Accounts'. Once you have those details, login to your online or mobile banking and setup a recurring payment. You can find more info about BPAY on their website. 


Final payment date for all payment methods will be due two weeks before the final contract date: 

  • 45 Weeks Contract: 20 November 2022 
  • 52 Weeks Contract: 15 January 2023 
  • Study Abroad Session 1 2022: 19 June 2022 
  • Study Abroad Session 2 2022: 20 November 2022 

If you are experiencing difficulties (financial or otherwise) and you wish to pay your account by another means known as an Alternate Payment Plan (APP) please see your residence office to book a meeting with your residence manager.  

It is important to address your problem as soon as possible. If you apply for an APP (payment in instalments), please ensure that your account is paid in a regular fortnightly, monthly or lump sum payments. Final payment must be received by a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the contract end. 

If you fall behind in payments and have not made acceptable arrangements with us, the University may need to take action such as:

  • applying a late payment fee  
  • cancellation of future payments terms with all future payments required in advance  
  • preventing you access to your room/unit  
  • the withholding of your academic results and  
  • being referred to a credit agency for debt collection, resulting in additional charges and potentially impacting upon your credit rating.   

If you are expecting funds from a scholarship or trust fund but cannot meet the due date deadline for payment in full please email your residence office.

Under the Australian Privacy Act, UOW is not permitted to disclose your personal information to family members or any other third parties unless you have provided us with written consent or there is a lawful reason for UOW to provide your information to others.  

If your parents or another third party will be responsible for the payment of your account, you remain responsible for forwarding details of your account to them. This should be done early so that payment due dates are not missed.

Unless advised prior to processing of a refund of any fees, the monies will be returned to the credit card from which the accommodation fees were paid. 

Any request to alter the details of a refund would need to be in writing and prior to the notification of refund.  Please email your residence office for more information.  

To avoid any financial hardship, it is essential that you commit to a budget and stick to it. University can be stressful enough without having issues in relation to the payment of your bills. If you need further advice regarding financial matters you can contact the free on campus Financial Counselling Services offered by Mission Australia.  

Further information and services that are available on campus can be found under fees and assistance. 

You can see the balance of your account via the accommodation portal.  

If you forget your PortalID and PIN, simply click on the 'forgotten password' link on the login page of the Accommodation Portal. You will be asked for your username (email address) to be able to continue resetting your password. 

To obtain a tax invoice or tax statement, contact the staff at your residence or visit us in Student Central (Building 17). Our staff can provide you with a copy of your statement or make arrangements for it to be emailed to you.