Skip to main content

Government subsidised places for postgraduates

Studying a postgraduate degree in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) could see the Australian Government subsidise up to three quarters of your total course fee. 

Eligible students who apply for a postgraduate course which offers CSPs, will be automatically considered for a CSP - if places are still available. There is no need for a separate application.

In addition to CSPs, eligible students can access HECS-HELP to defer all or part of their course fees.

While there is eligibility criteria to meet, if you are an Australian citizen, or a New Zealand Special Category Visa holder who meets the long-term residency requirements, or a holder of a permanent humanitarian visa - you're more than half way to meeting this criteria. 

You can find the remaining eligibility requirements on the Government Study Assist site

The following UOW postgraduate coursework degrees are offering Commonwealth supported places in 2019.