Coursework applications

How to apply for Postgraduate Coursework

Entry into most UOW postgraduate coursework programs requires a Bachelor degree or equivalent. Some courses, such as the Master of Teaching, also have special entry requirements

If you do not have a Bachelor, but have extensive and relevant work experience, you may be eligible for direct entry into one of our postgraduate programs, such as a Graduate Certificate.

How to apply

  1. Find the course you would like to apply for.
  2. Make sure you satisfy the entry requirements listed in Course Finder.
  3. Apply online. You can save your application at any point and come back to complete it later. For a small number of courses, there are special requirements

Apply online  
Application closing dates

Late applications may be considered where there are places available

Session/Trimester Start date Applications close date

Trimester 2 2019

Spring 2019*

Trimester 3 2019

Trimester 1 2020

Autumn 2020

20 May 2019

29 July 2019

26 August 2019

10 February 2020

2 March 2020

10 May 2019

30 June 2019

12 August 2019

27 January 2020

31 January 2020**

* Not all courses have a mid-year intake; please refer to CourseFinder for further information.

** The following programs have alternative closing dates:

Course Applications Close

Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology

Master of Nutrition & Dietetics

30 September 
Late applications may be accepted where places are available

Master of Professional Psychology

Master of Psychology (Clinical)

17 October

Master of Teaching

25 January- application date extended until 25 January 2019.

Doctor of Medicine

See the UOW MD Admission process for key dates

Graduate Certificate in Medical Education

31 October 

• Graduate Certificate in Gerontology and Rehabilitation Studies
• Graduate Certificate in Nursing
• Master of Nursing
• Master of Nursing International
• Master of Nursing (Mental Health)
• Graduate Certificate in Dementia Care
• Graduate Certificate in Health leadership and Management
• Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Nursing
• Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing
• Master of Health Leadership and Management
• Master of Science (Dementia Care)
• Master of Science (Gerontology and Rehabilitation Studies)

31 December
Late applications may be accepted where places are available

Health and Medicine postgraduate coursework degrees
(apart from those listed above)

31 January

Important things to remember

  • Change of name: If you have changed your name, or any of your documents show a name that is different from the one that you have used in your application, you must present certified evidence of the change (marriage certificate, deed poll, statutory declaration).
  • Special needs: If you have a disability and would like advice or assistance with your studies, please get in touch with our Disability Liaison Officers.
  • Accommodation: The cost of accommodation is not included in the tuition fees. See Accommodation Services for accommodation options on or near campus.
  • English language proficiency: If you are a domestic student and English is not your first language, you’ll have to provide evidence of satisfying the University's English language requirements.
  • Tuition fees: We have many financial assistance options available to students.
  • Cancellations and refunds: See UOW’s Tuition Fees and Refund Policy.
  • Proof of citizenship: Certified evidence of Australian/New Zealand citizenship/Permanent Residency must be provided with you e.g. current passport or birth certificate.

Additional entry requirements

Some courses listed below have additional special entry requirements

  • Doctor of Business Administration
  • Master of Business Administration/Master of Business Administration Advanced
  • Master of Professional Psychology
  • Master of Teaching
  • Nutrition & Dietetics/Exercise Science/Rehabilitation/some Nursing degrees
  • Master of Rolling Stock Engineering
  • Graduate Certificate in Rolling Stock Engineering
  • Master of Engineering Asset Management 
  • Master of Electrical Power Engineering
  • Graduate Certificate in Electrical Power Engineering

Supporting documentation

You will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application.

Original or certified copies of academic records, mark sheets or transcripts for studies previously undertaken must be provided at the time of application (either in hard copy or electronically). Certified English translations are also required for documents in another language. The transcript must show all subjects undertaken, grades and stages reached or qualifications gained.

For domestic applicants, a photocopied document must be certified as a true copy of the original by:

  • An authorised officer in the admissions office at any tertiary institution
  • A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia or the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants, or the National Institute of Accountants or the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants or Registered Tax Agents
  • A bank branch manager (not in a bank travel centre)
  • A barrister, solicitor or patent attorney
  • A police officer of the rank of sergeant or above
  • A post office manager
  • A principal of an Australian high or primary school; or
  • A justice of the peace

The person certifying the photocopies must:

  • Write on the copy: “This appears to be a true copy of the original document sighted by me”, and
  • Sign the document and print your name, address, telephone number, profession/occupation, date verified; and
  • Affix the official stamp or seal of the verifier’s organisation on the copy, if the organisation has such a stamp.

English language requirements

If you have completed an academic qualification entirely in English within the past two years in a country where English is the official language, you may already meet the requirements.

If you are a domestic student and English is not your first language, you will be required to provide evidence of satisfying the English language requirements listed on the UOW International Student website.

My eQuals: certified digital academic documents

Where an applicant has had digital academic document(s) issued via My eQuals, they can submit links to these documents to UOW as part of their admissions application.

To submit My eQuals digital academic documents, please follow the below instructions:-

  1. Generate a link to your My eQuals digital academic document(s) – do not nominate an expiry date
  2. Paste the link into a Word document
  3. If you added a PIN to the link, please ensure you note the PIN next to the link
  4. Where you have more than one relevant My eQuals digital document to submit, provide a link for each, ensuring you label each link clearly
  5. Save the Word document on your computer. Note: a document must not be bigger than 2 MB for undergraduate/postgraduate course applications and not bigger than 5 MB for HDR applications. Acceptable formats are: pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, jpg, jpeg, tif and tiff.
  6. Upload the Word document to your UOW admissions application

Please only submit My eQuals digital documents according to the instructions outlined above. The My eQuals portal offers other options in which to share documents, however, those options are not recommended by UOW.

Click here to find out more about sharing My eQuals digital documents.

Last reviewed: 25 March, 2019