Do you know where to find things? This WATTLE teaching and learning resource hub provides links to information about UOW professional development, recognition, strategy and policy, curriculum and teaching resources, as well as external links regarding teaching and learning in higher education. Members and colleagues are warmly invited to submit relevant resources for inclusion.
- JUTLP – UOW Journal of University Teaching & Learning Practice
- Research Online – browse more UOW Journals
* Journal list developed by Professor Patrick Crookes in conjunction with the UOW Library – maintained and updated by the Library.
- Professional Development in Learning & Teaching – LTC provide a range of online modules and workshops to support professional development in Learning & Teaching
- Accreditation for Learning and Teaching – LTC also offers Continuing Professional Development (L&T) Portfolio accreditation for probation and promotion
- PODS – Professional & Organisational Development Services – offers Staff Development Programs
Recognition – Grants & Awards
- OCTAL Awards – The Vice-Chancellor’s awards for Outstanding Contribution to Teaching and Learning recognise UOW staff achievement in T&L excellence at UOW. Nominations are open all year round with OCTALs awarded annually.
- AAUT – Australian Awards for University Teaching are supported by the Department of Education and Training (previously OLT) – includes National Citations, Awards for Programs that Enhance Learning and Awards for Teaching Excellence.
- Learning & Teaching Innovation Grants (LTIG) – UOW is committed to learning and teaching projects that seek to advance the universities goal of empowering student for their future and is a priority initiative to highlight the excellence in learning and teaching at UOW
Support for UOW and National Teaching & Learning grants and award programs is facilitated by the Grants & Awards Office within LTC. Contact email@example.com or phone 02 4221 4004 for assistance.
- UOW internal funding opportunities
- Research Grants & Fellowships – funding opportunities
- Australian Competitive Grants Register
- PIVOT – Sign up to PIVOT and register for funding notifications regarding specific areas of interest
Teaching Development Resources
- L&T Hub – this is a one-stop show where staff can access the latest resources and tools that support learning and teaching excellence at UOW.
Policies and Strategies
- Teaching and Learning Policies at UOW
- UOW Standards & Quality Framework for Learning and Teaching
- UOW Strategic Plan
- UOW 2020–2025 Education Strategy – Under the UOW Strategic Plan, there are ‘University Strategies’ which articulate actions to be taken under each strategic objective
UOW’s Academic Quality and Standards Unit (AQS) support institutional regulatory and quality compliance in higher education.
- Australian Government Department of Education and Training – Learning and Teaching
- HERDSA – The Higher Education Research and Development Association – is a scholarly society for people committed to the advancement of higher and tertiary education
- HEA – The Higher Education Academy, UK
- Universities Australia