The University of Wollongong strives for excellence across all of its activities, services and processes in teaching and learning, student support, staff support and development, research, governance, community engagement and administration. Quality at UOW is the responsibility of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic and Student Life).
Academic Quality & Standards
UOW has implemented a quality improvement approach of Plan, Act, Review, Improve (PARI) to embed continuous improvement across all aspects of its academic and operational activities.
The University demonstrates its commitment to continuous improvement through:
- its planning, budget and performance reporting cycle, which includes measuring its performance on a range of key indicators
- its cycle of periodic reviews for academic units, policies, courses and collaborative delivery arrangements
- undertaking a range of student, graduate and stakeholder surveys to improve the quality of teaching, learning and the student experience
- monitoring and reporting student learning outcomes across all teaching locations
- undertaking a range of internal and external audits and reviews.
UOW has developed its own Quality & Standards Framework for Learning and Teaching to ensure high quality outcomes for students. The Framework aligns with the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback regarding Quality at UOW, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Academic Quality & Standards Unit (AQS) sits within the portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic and Student Life).
We manage University-level processes related to:
- Assessing the quality of new course proposals,
- Course reviews,
- Quality assurance of learning and teaching (both onshore and offshore),
- Academic policy development and review,
- Subject and teacher evaluations,
- Review of appeals against academic decisions,
- Academic integrity and academic misconduct, and
- School assessment committees.
We provide executive support for the University Education Committee and its subcommittees and the Quality Assurance Review Group.
We also provide expert advice on the requirements of the Higher Education Threshold Standards 2021, the Education Services for Overseas Students Act, 2000 and other matters regulated by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA).
The Student Advocacy Service also sit within the AQS Unit.
If you have any questions regarding the role of AQS, please email us.