The University of Wollongong strives for excellence across all of its activities, services and processes in teaching and learning, student support, staff support and development, research, governance, community engagement and administration. Quality at UOW is the responsibility of the Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor.
Academic Quality & Standards
UOW has implemented a quality improvement approach of Plan, Act, Review, Improve (PARI) to embed continuous improvement across all aspects of its academic and operational activities.
The University demonstrates its commitment to continuous improvement through:
- its planning, budget and performance reporting cycle, which includes measuring its performance on a range of key indicators
- its cycle of periodic reviews for academic units, policies, courses and collaborative delivery arrangements
- undertaking a range of student, graduate and stakeholder surveys to improve the quality of teaching, learning and the student experience
- monitoring and reporting student learning outcomes across all teaching locations
- undertaking a range of internal and external audits and reviews.
UOW has developed its own Quality & Standards Framework for Learning and Teaching to ensure high quality outcomes for students. The Framework aligns with the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback regarding Quality at UOW, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Academic Quality and Standards Unit sits within the portfolio of the Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor. We manage University-level processes related to:
- course management and course review,
- quality assurance of learning and teaching (both onshore and offshore),
- academic policy development and review,
- subject and teacher evaluation, and
- review of appeals arising from student academic complaints.
We provide executive support for the University Education Committee and its subcommittees along with the Strategic Course Development Committee and the Quality Assurance Review Group.
We also provide expert advice on the requirements of the Higher Education Threshold Standards 2015, the Education Services for Overseas Students Act, 2000 and other matters regulated by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA).
The Office of the Student Ombudsman sits within AQS.
If you have any questions regarding the role of AQS, please email the unit at Quality.