Casual exam positions
We employ casual exam staff at our Wollongong campus to support us with all aspects related to the administration of centrally conducted student exams.
There are several distinct teams of casual staff supporting students in exams:
- ON CAMPUS TEAM: Supporting students in face-to-face exams. Setting up, monitoring and setting down of exam sessions in accordance with procedure, keeping exam materials secure, reporting instances of misconduct and escorting students during the exam as required.
- SUPPORT TEAM: Supporting students in online exams. Answering calls from students while they are taking their online exams, supporting them with general advice on technical and administrative matters and escalating calls when required.
- ONLINE TEAM: Reviewing reports from online exams. Reviewing reports produced from recordings of online exams, performing identity checks, focusing on flagged irregular activity and assessing whether that activity could be academic misconduct.
Applications are still open for the Online Team and the Support Team. Applications for the On Campus Team have closed.
Skills and experience required
- Ability to work well in a team
- Personal sensitivity and the ability to deliver high quality service in a stressful environment
- Highly observant with excellent attention to detail
- Physical fitness and mental alertness - depending on the role may be required to stand/walk for several hours at a time
- Flexibility and adaptability to an ever-changing, complex service environment
- Computer literacy skills - ideally you will be familiar with UOW student platforms (SMP, Moodle)
Most work will be available during the Autumn (June) and Spring (November) exam events, but there will be opportunities for work throughout the year. See Exam Key Dates for details on the exam events.
All work will be undertaken on the Wollongong campus.
How to apply
If you are interested in working with us, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name and contact details (mobile and email)
- UOW staff number and username if relevant
- The team you would prefer to work in (On Campus, Support, or Online)
- Brief statement outlining why you would be suitable for the position