IMTS Teaching & Technology Hub
The T&T Hub is located in Building 17, Level 2 on the Wollongong Campus.
Digital technology is an integral part of teaching and learning, and to ensure our staff are confident with the latest software and hardware systems, the T&T Hub provides UOW staff with a centralised space to learn, play, explore and get support with the latest technologies, in turn driving faster integration of these technologies into the curriculum, and improving digital literacy.
At the Hub, you can:
- Explore the range of resources available from your own desktop and develop your skills to keep on the cutting edge of information sources in your field.
- Take advantage of expertise, guidance and training from our friendly and knowledgeable IT staff.
- Develop expertise in using online resources – including eBooks, eReadings and tools that will help you manage your Research.
- Explore the latest technologies (e.g. virtual/augmented reality).
- Loan out IT/AV equipment (e.g. laptops, cameras, PA systems).
- Monday – Friday: 8am – 4pm.
Note: For loan equipment returns after these hours, please return items to the IT Service Desk staff located in the Student Computer Labs on Level 1, Building 17 of the Wollongong Campus. See also: Service Desk hours
Borrowing equipment for teaching and learning
The T&T Hub is the place to come for all your audio-visual and IT loan equipment needs for staff at UOW.
Alternatively, for audio-visual loans (including additional equipment listed below), you can contact the AV team in Building 20.
You are able to hire a range of equipment, including:
- Video cameras
- PA Systems
AV support in teaching spaces (CTA-S)
IMTS can provide one on one instruction on the operation of technical equipment in Common Teaching Spaces. For immediate assistance in a teaching space, lift the help phone handset to be connected to AV support.
Moodle support for staff
If you are using Moodle for the first time in your subject, and would like to know more about some of the features in Moodle and other Learning Platform applications, arrange to meet our Learning Platform staff in the T&T Hub for a session tailored to you specific needs.
For appointments, please log a ticket via the IT Service Portal and we will be in touch to arrange a suitable time.
- On Campus and Online Students should contact the IT Service Desk on +61 2 4221 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff should contact the IT Service Desk on +61 2 4221 3000 (extension 3000) or log a ticket via the self-service portal
- Staff & students of international campuses should contact their local IT support