Careers and Employability
Want to know what you can do remotely right now to enhance your employability? Focus on and develop the key things that are central to every job application now and in the future – your resume, selection criteria address and interview style. These are things that we don’t always spend time focussing on but we really should. We can help you with that!
If you’re looking for some guidance on where your degree could take you or how you can put in place a solid career plan, talk it through with us. Your passion and drive, combined with our experience with industry and the job market, can bring about some positive change for you in the career space.
All you’ve got to do is make a booking.
Book a Career chat – All UOW campuses
Book an appointment via Careerhub
How does it work?
Following social distancing guidelines surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, Careers & Employability (formerly Careers Central) will be providing all careers chats remotely to maintain the health and safety of students and staff.
When booking your appointment on Careerhub, you will have two options:
- Cisco WebEx Meetings: You will be able to interact with Careers & Employability in a Skype-style setting using your computer or mobile phone. The device you use must have a microphone, speakers, and where possible, a camera.
Instructions on how to download and use WebEx for mobile and computer.
- Telephone: Careers & Employability will call you directly using the mobile phone number you have provided in SOLS. Please be ready with your questions at the allocated time.
Careers & Employability services and programs at UOW Bega Valley
Careers & Employability's qualified career practitioners work with students, employers and academic staff to deliver targeted career development services and initiatives to enhance student employability and graduate career outcomes. Our team representative at UOW Bega Valley is Pene Butt.
What services do Careers & Employability provide?
Careers & Employability provides resources, programs, events and services to help students to establish appropriate career goals and to identify pathways and strategies to achieve those goals.
- Make an appointment for a free one-on-one career chat via Careerhub – you can work on your job application techniques, discuss career opportunities or gain advice on where you can take your degree.
- Check out the upcoming online workshops and employer events. It’s a good idea to also follow our Careers & Employability Facebook page which keeps you updated on all upcoming events.
- Looking for a job? Despite the disruption of COVID-19, there are still job vacancies. Employers advertise positions direct to UOW students and UOW Careers & Employability also collate jobs from numerous job-seeking websites. Search through the categories below or set up alerts in CareerHub and when you're ready to apply, we are here to help with your applications.