We can’t wait to welcome you to UOW! It's Go Time is a week-by-week schedule of events and themes, giving you everything you need to make your time at university the best it can be. Keep an eye for an email to register!
Everything you need to GO at UOW in 2023
It's Go Time
It’s Go Time!
Get ready to become a UOW student! We're bringing you a jam-packed schedule of EVERYTHING you need to make your uni experience the best it can be. Enjoy fun times and good vibes, plus find out how to access free study support and mental health resources available to you at UOW. Keep an eye on your email for your official invite!
It's go time at UOW. We're looking forward to welcoming you to UOW in 2023. To celebrate, we've curated a series of weeklong events to give you all the information, connections and fun needed to make your time at UOW the very best it can be. Whether you're just starting at UOW or you're back for another year, we've got all of the tips and tricks you need to nail enrolment and go to guide for campus and student living, making new friends, and securing your future for after you graduate.
Click on the tabs below for an overview of It's Go Time themes.
For all event details and to register, check your email for a personalised invitation.
The things we
don't talk about
You deserve to be respected and feel safe – and so do those around you. Celebrate our diverse community at UOW and help us create an inclusive campus environment for all with these events and resources.
Your Respect checklist
Find your people in class and outside
From study buddies to coffee catch-ups and everything in between, meet your new mates through free food, drinks, clubs and events designed to help you find your crew.
Your Connect checklist
- Join our 2023 First Year Facebook Group if you're a new student
- Follow @uowstudents on Instagram for all the latest info on student life
- Visit the Students’ Hub on Wollongong campus and connect with peers to find opportunities, services and support
- Connect with a UOW support service
- Sign up to Peer Assisted Learning (PAL)
- Talk to a stranger!
Life and study hacks
Improve your skills in everything from cooking through to essay writing. These events, workshops and resources are designed to help you succeed both in the classroom and at life.
Your Succeed checklist
- Check is you have a USI, if not, make sure you apply. You will need to enter this in SOLS. Find out more here.
- Check you have completed all three compulsory modules
- Find out your digital strengths and identify learning goals through the Digital Skills Hub
- Check out the Learning Co-op for tools, resources and support designed to help you succeed and support your learning
- Join a Go Succeed event
Pathways to your ideal future
Still deciding your major, minor, subjects or how to prepare for your dream career? We have a range of events and programs to help you reach those future goals.
Your Forward checklist
- Learn about Census date and what it means for you
- Register for UOWx 101 and join a UOWx Interactive Seminar
- Visit the STEM and Health Careers Expo or chat to the Careers and Employability team
- Check out other upcoming careers and employability events and programs
- Book an academic consultation to help you choose your major or minor (if your course requires one)
Good times and good vibes
We get that student life needs balance! Grab your mates or meet new ones at music gigs, trivia, comedy, drag shows and more brought to you by the UOW Pulse team.
Your Party checklist
A world of opportunities for international students
Welcome to UOW, and (for many of you) to Australia! Let's Go Belong has been created specifically for international students and is packed full of events, workshops and resources to help you make friends, settle into classes and adjust to life in a new country.
Your Belong checklist
Missed out on attending an Enrolment Support Event or your Orientation? Keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation to attend a Welcome and Orientation for Late Arrivals session.
Enrolment support and advice
Our on-campus enrolment support events are available to you before orientation, and are the perfect place to get information about how to enrol in your course or subjects, create a timetable, access UOW student systems and more. So come along, have a chat and ask any questions you have about starting at UOW!
- Tuesday 27 June, 2023 - 12 pm to 2 pm
- Monday 3 July, 2023 - 5 pm to 7 pm
- Wednesday 12 July, 2023 - 10 am to 12 pm
- Wednesday 5 July, 2023 - modules live at 9 am
Registration is open, check your email for a personalised invitation.
Once you have enrolled, it's really important to attend Orientation. Orientation is the place to meet other students, get to know your teachers and learn more about your course. It will set you up for success at UOW!
- UOW Wollongong and UOW Online: Tuesday 18 July, 2023
- UOW Sutherland: Sessions available on Tuesday 18 and Thursday 20 July, 2023
- UOW Liverpool: Wednesday 19 July
Registration is open, check your email for a personalised invitation to register. If you haven't received an invitation please check your junk mail, or contact the AskUOW team for assistance.
If you are commencing at another UOW campus for Spring 2023, you will receive an email with information about your Orientation.
We're here for you!
UOW has a community of people here to support you and help you succeed at every step. Check out a range of tools, resources and services designed to help you succeed at University, no matter where you're at in your student journey.Academic and personal support services