You must present one of the following valid form of ID before entering an exam venue
- UOW student ID card (the back of the card must be signed)
- Australian drivers licence
- UOW College card
- A passport
You should bring any stationery needed for your exam. Remember to bring a 2B pencil and an eraser for completing multiple choice answer sheets.
You cannot borrow stationery from exam supervisors. Once the exam has started you are not allowed to borrow stationery from other students. Conversing with students in order to arrange stationery will be considered a breach of the exam rules.
You may bring water into your exams and water coolers are provided in exam venues so that you can refill your bottle during the exam.
- it must be cold or room temperature water
- in a clear (i.e. see-through) plastic bottle with a lid
- labels must be removed
The only food item permitted into an exam venue is lollies.
- wrappers must be removed
- lollies must be contained in a clear zip-lock bag
Hats and head coverings
You may wear hats and other head coverings during the exam. However, these items must be inspected by an exam supervisor before the exam starts.
If you are wearing clothing of any kind that obscures your face or your ears, you may be asked to remove that clothing for inspection. This will be done in private with an exam supervisor of the same gender. It is your responsibility to make sure you allow enough time to do this before your exam starts.
Items permitted for specific exams
You may be permitted to use additional aids for a specific exam, for example textbooks or notes may be permitted. You will be able to check this on your personalised timetable on SOLS when the final timetable is released.
On your subject outline and exam timetable you will be able to see whether you are permitted to have any notations, markings, underlines, highlights and tabs on these additional aids. If they have not specified whether these notations are permitted then it is assumed that you will be able to have them.
You may use UOW library books instead of your own copies of texts unless your subject coordinator has said on the subject outline and exam timetable that this is not permitted.
UOW approved calculators
Please refer to Calculators page.
Items permitted under your exam desk
The following items are permitted to be taken into the exam venue but they must be placed in a clear zip-lock bag no larger than A4 size and stored under your desk.
- Valuables - purses, wallets, keys, fitness devices, watches (including analogue and digital) and glasses cases
- Small electronic devices including but not limited to tablets (e.g. iPads), MP3 players, handheld computers, electronic dictionaries and smart watches and all other electronic devices worn on wrists
- Mobile phones (must be turned OFF - not just on silent, vibrate or airplane mode)
Electronic devices detected on desks, in your pocket or otherwise in your possession will be confiscated and the matter treated as academic misconduct.