IT Scheduled Maintenance
The goal of Scheduled Maintenance is to maintain central IT facilities on a regular basis while minimising interruption to normal business functions, and also considering vital operations in the University calendar such as enrolments, teaching, examinations and graduation.
Unless otherwise noted, all regular Scheduled Maintenance windows begin at 6:00pm and conclude the following day at 8:00am. If there are any exceptions to these times they will be communicated prior to the date.
Times are presented in AEST/AEDT.
These dates have been discussed with all relevant parties.
- Disaster Recovery (DR): DR exercises are essential for risk mitigation and ensure our IT infrastructure and processes will remain operational in the event of a disaster.
- Security Patching: Every Thursday from 5:00am-7:00am Security Patching of core infrastructure will be conducted. There may be short outages to systems during this window.
Approved 2019 dates
Autumn session 2019
|Saturday 9 March|
|Friday 15 - Saturday 16 March|
|Saturday 23 March|
|Saturday 6 April||
To ensure the ongoing protection of UOW systems, IMTS will be applying the latest security and application updates during scheduled maintenance, commencing 6pm Saturday until 8am Sunday.
There will be intermittent outages to most services.
|Saturday 13 April|
|Saturday 4 May|
|Saturday 18 May|
|Saturday 25 May|
|Saturday 13 July|
|Saturday 20 July|
Spring session 2019
|Saturday 10 August|
|Saturday 7 September|
|Saturday 21 September|
|Saturday 12 October|
|Saturday 26 October|
Summer session 2019/2020
|TBC Friday 29 - Saturday 30 November||Moodle annual upgrade|
|Saturday 7 December|
|Saturday 11 January|
|Saturday 1 February|
Need help or more information?
- On Campus and Online Students should contact the IT Service Desk on +61 2 4221 3000 or email email@example.com
- Staff should contact the IT Service Desk on +61 2 4221 3000 (extension 3000) or log a ticket via the self-service portal
- Staff and students of international campuses should contact their local IT support