IT Scheduled Maintenance
The goal of Scheduled Maintenance is to maintain central IT facilities on a regular basis while minimising interruption to normal business functions, and also considering vital operations in the University calendar such as enrolments, teaching, examinations and graduation.
Unless otherwise noted, all regular Scheduled Maintenance windows begin at 6:00pm and conclude the following day at 8:00am. If there are any exceptions to these times they will be communicated prior to the date.
Times are presented in AEST/AEDT.
These dates have been discussed with all relevant parties.
- Disaster Recovery (DR): DR exercises are essential for risk mitigation and ensure our IT infrastructure and processes will remain operational in the event of a disaster.
- Security Patching: Every Thursday from 5:00am-7:00am Security Patching of core infrastructure will be conducted. There may be short outages to systems during this window.
Approved 2021 dates
Spring session 2021
|Saturday 21 August||
|Saturday 4 September||
|Saturday 11 September||
|Saturday 18 September||
|Saturday 9 October||
|Saturday 16 October||
|Saturday 23 October||
|Saturday 30 October||
6pm Saturday - 8am Sunday
To ensure the ongoing protection of UOW systems, IMTS will be applying the latest security and application updates. There will be intermittent outages to the majority of services during this time.
Summer session 2021/2022
|Saturday 4 December||
|Saturday 18 December||
|Saturday 15 January||
|Saturday 29 January|
|Saturday 5 February|
|Saturday 12 February|
Need help or more information?
- On Campus and Online Students should contact IT Student Support on +61 2 4221 3000 or email email@example.com
- Staff should contact the IT Service Desk on +61 2 4221 3000 (extension 3000) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Search for answers online in our comprehensive Knowledge Base
- Staff & students of international campuses should contact their local IT support