Contractors need to adhere to NSW Road Rules and the Access and Order Rules when driving and parking on the campus. Designated contractors are able to access parking permits to use when working on campus, depending on the type of work being carried out. Available permit options are outlined on this page, or seek advice from your UOW Project Officer.
Contractor Category 1 - Service Vehicle Zone access
Service Vehicle Zones are restricted for contractors whose vehicles are essential for the service or project activity being carried out. These contractors can access a Contractor Category 1 Service Vehicle permit.
Contractor Category 1 Service Vehicle permits can be used in service vehicle bays, casual parking bays and UOW entry permit bays. Other locations may also be authorised by UOW Project Officers in consultation with Facilities Management Division.
UOW Entry Permits
Contractors who do not need service vehicle bays (i.e., consultants, desk-based contractors, tenants and contractors whose vehicles are not essential for the work being carried out), can access UOW Entry Permits.
Entry permits provide access to designated UOW entry permit bays.
UOW no longer issues sticker parking permits. All yearly and half yearly permits are now only available through the vPermit system at vpermit.com.au/uow. If you would like to apply for a vPermit, please follow the steps outlined below.
How to apply for a Contractor vPermit (yearly or half-yearly pass)
UOW contractor registration form – UOW parking website
- Complete the parking permit registration form.
- Once submitted, you will receive a receipt of this form at your nominated email address.
Register on vPermit
- Go to vpermit.com.au/uow in your browser, and click ‘Register’.
- Select 'UOW Contractor' from the drop down list.
- Enter your email address, your name and your password. DO NOT use a UOW email address. Please ensure this email address is unique to you, as you will need to log in to manage your permit from time to time.
- Read and understand the terms and conditions and the privacy statement.
- Check the box to accept the terms and conditions and click ‘Register’. A screen is displayed explaining that a confirmation email has been sent to your email address provided. To complete the registration process you need to click a link in the email.
Apply for your vPermit
- Click the link in the confirmation email, and log in on the vPermit system.
- Click the ‘My Permits’ tab. Select the permit for which you would like to apply.
- Complete the requested details, then attach a copy of your parking permit registration form receipt.
- Your permit will now be sent for approval to UOW. Once approved, you will receive an email from the vPermit system.
- Click the link in your email to complete your application and make payment.
- Once you have completed the steps, your vPermit is now active.
Please ensure you keep your vehicle registration details updated and select the 'active' vehicle when parking on campus.
Managing your vehicle/s in vPermit
In vPermit, you can view and manage the vehicles against an active permit by clicking the ‘Manage Vehicles’ button on the ‘My Permits’ screen.
To view or edit your vehicles:
- Click ‘Manage Vehicles’. The My Vehicles screen is displayed showing your active vehicles.
- To change the active vehicle to a different vehicle that is already registered - click the 'Activate' button next to the vehicle you are parking on the campus that day. The green 'Active' button will now show against the vehicle selected.
- To edit your vehicles or add a vehicle, click 'Edit Vehicles'. The Edit Vehicles screen is displayed. Edit the vehicle you want to change. If you have an unallocated vehicle, add a new vehicle. Click 'Save' to ensure your changes are saved.
Editing your profile (including changing your password)
You can edit your personal profile in the case that you need to change information such as your mobile phone number, or you would like to update your password. You cannot change your email address.
To edit your profile:
- From the Menu bar click on your username. The Edit Profile screen is displayed.
- To change your details, enter the new information into the relevant text box.
- If you would like to change your password, click the ‘Change Password’ button. The change password screen is displayed.
- Enter your old password, your new password and repeat the new password.
- Click ‘change password’.
How to apply for a scratchie (one day pass)
Virtual scratchies will be available through vPermit in the coming months. In the meantime, if you have physical paper scratchies, please continue to use them, but limit new purchases to only what you are going to use immediately.
Physical scratchies are valid for one day only/single use. They can be purchased online for $10 each. Multiple scratchies may be pre-purchased and used when required. Please only purchase what you need.
Authorised contractors can choose between Category 1 (service vehicle zone access) or Category 2 (casual parking and permit bay access) scratchies.
Once you have purchased the scratchies online, please bring your receipt number and ID to the FMD Service Centre (bld 31) between 7:30am-5pm to collect your physical scratchies.
Please note that these are physical scratchies and must be displayed on your vehicle’s dashboard and clearly visible. You must correctly scratch the date for the permit to be valid.
Other parking options
Casual parking options are also available. Normal parking rates and conditions apply.
Parking permit exemptions
The following vehicles are exempt from requiring a contractor parking permit, provided that the vehicle is clearly identified and badged with the organisation's logo:
- Authorised UOW vehicles e.g. FMD, IMTS, Printery, Mail Distribution, Security.
- Government authority vehicles, e.g. AQIS (Quarantine).
- Recognised public utility vehicles performing authorised works, e.g. Optus, Telstra, Origin Energy.
- Delivery vehicles are exempt from requiring a contractor parking permit, as the nature of the visit is understood to be over a short timeframe (maximum 30 minutes), e.g. BOC gases.
- Waste collection vehicles.
- Emergency services vehicles.
The driver of the above vehicles must be engaged in authorised University business. These identified vehicles are permitted to park in service vehicle spaces, UOW Entry Permit spaces and casual parking spaces.
In the event that any vehicle which is classified as exempt from requiring a contractor parking permit arrives on campus and is not clearly identified and badged with the organisation's logo, the contractor is advised to make other arrangements such as starting a CellOPark session or purchasing a daily contractor scratchie.
Please contact your UOW Project Officer, or the Facilities Management Service Centre on 02 4221 3217, or firstname.lastname@example.org.