Courses at Shoalhaven
Start your study close to home in 2024
We understand that moving away or commuting to Wollongong might not be possible for everyone, especially during your first year. At UOW Shoalhaven, we have some exciting study opportunities available in 2024 that'll help you stay connected with your study goals while staying close to home.
One program offers a fantastic introduction to studying at university, while the other allows you to undertake the first year of your degree at UOW Shoalhaven. Both programs include the personalised support and small campus experience that UOW Shoalhaven is known for. Take a look at these options and see how we can make your journey easier. If you have questions about either program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4448 0888.
The UOW Specialised Gap Year program can be undertaken at UOW Shoalhaven and is available in most study areas.
This program allows students to study for their degree locally and part-time for one year before making the move to classes at UOW Wollongong in 2025.
It allows students to get familiar with uni and get started on their degree, and is a great alternative to a gap year.
If you're keen to start uni full-time but not ready to leave your local area you may be able to take the first year of your UOW degree right here in the Shoalhaven.
The first year of the following undergraduate degrees can be studied here in 2024.
- Bachelor of Arts (All Majors)
- Bachelor of Business (All Majors)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts
- Bachelor of Communication and Media
- Bachelor of Economics and Finance
- Bachelor of International Studies
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics
Several other first-year programs may also be offered. Reach out to us if you have questions about your course of study.
Study with us
- Accounting, Finance & Economics
- Business, Marketing & Management
- Humanities & Human Inquiry
- Medical Science
- Social Sciences & Advocacy
- Master of Teaching (Primary)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- Graduate Certificate in Education
- Graduate Certificate in Autism - Online Course
- Graduate Certificate in TESOL
- Graduate Diploma in TESOL
- Master of Autism
- Master of Education (Educational Leadership)
- Master of Education (Digital Technologies for Learning)
- Master of Education (Interdisciplinary Studies in Education)
- Master of Education (Special Education)
- Master of Education (TESOL)
- Master of Education Extension (Educational Leadership)
- Master of Education Extension (TESOL)
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology and Rehabilitation
- Master of Science (Leadership in Gerontology and Rehabilitation)
- Graduate Certificate in Dementia Care
- Master of Science (Person Centred Dementia Care)
- Graduate Certificate in Medical and Health Leadership
- Master of Medical and Health Leadership
How to apply
Thinking about studying at UOW? Follow the steps below and remember we are here to help at any step during your application process.
Step 1 - Choose your course
Explore the courses that are available at UOW Shoalhaven
Step 2 - Check your eligibility
Find out if you are eligible. Read through the eligibility information to see the various entry pathways.
Step 3 - Apply
If you are currently completing Year 12, you must apply for your course through UAC. Preferences can be changed for main round offers up to the first week of January in the commencing year.
If you are a non-school leaver or mature-age student applying for the Bachelor of Nursing, you must submit your application through UAC. As the Bachelor of Nursing is a high-demand course, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications by 29 September preceding the year they wish to commence. ie September 2023 to start in February 2024.
Non-school leavers and mature-age students can complete the online application form, and attach scanned copies of certified documents such as certificates, results from previous courses and proof of citizenship.
You may make an appointment with our staff to certify your documents. Alternatively, your documents can be certified by a Justice of the Peace, police officer or person holding a similar professional position.
Like to speak to someone about any aspect of the application process? Please phone us on 02 4448 0888 or email us at email@example.com