Graduate Certificate in Indigenous Trauma Recovery Practice
This program is unique in that it is developed and delivered by Aboriginal academic and health delivery experts in collaboration with local Aboriginal elders and is designed to respond to issues that have particular relevance in indigenous communities in Australia.
On completion of this six-month course you will be able to:
- Work from a trauma-informed practice.
- Apply critical thinking, collaborate practices and insights to effectively work with trauma-exposed individuals and communities.
- Apply Indigenous social, and emotional wellbeing principles, practices and healing frameworks.
- Understand and identify factors that contribute to experiences of trauma.
- Identify and understand the pathophysiology and clinical aspects of the body’s response to trauma.
- Respond to and provide services that are trauma-informed.
How to apply
You can apply online at apply.uow.edu.au. Applications close Friday 30 April 2021.
All applications will be assessed together following the application close date. You will be notified of the outcome 2 weeks following this date.
For more information
If you have any questions, we’re here to help.
Call 02 4298 1941