We aim to engage, partner with and respond to workforce and health needs of our local, regional and rural communities.
We will listen to and build reciprocal relationships with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Our purpose is to improve health and wellbeing through best practice medical education and meaningful research.
Our purpose will be achieved through:
- Commitment to graduate excellent medical practitioners who have the capacity and desire to contribute to the enhancement of health care of persons in all geographic settings, but particularly in regional, rural and remote communities.
- Commitment to the health and population of regional and rural areas, including addressing health inequities.
- Building strong and enduring community partnerships using a strengths-based approach.
- Commitment to supporting Indigenous-led health and wellbeing research that responds to needs and priorities of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Enhancement of physical and mental health and social wellbeing and to help communities to thrive.
- Contribution to research that has impact, helps reduce health inequities and helps populations and communities to flourish.