These inherent requirements apply to the following courses:
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Mathematics Education
- Bachelor of Science Education
- Bachelor of Health and Physical Education
- Master of Teaching (Primary)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- Graduate Certificate in TESOL
- Graduate Diploma in TESOL
- Master of Education (TESOL)
- Master of Education Extension (TESOL)
- Bachelor of Education - The Early Years *
* The Bachelor of Education - The Early Years course is accredited with the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) under the Education and Care Services national legislation. The National Quality Framework establishes standards of practice for those working in early childhood settings, which students must adhere to when on professional placement. This course is also accredited with the New South Wales Department of Education and is subject to the current NSW Legislation for Children’s Services.
The University of Wollongong (UOW) School of Education strongly supports the right of all people to pursue a course in initial teacher education to achieve their potential and career objectives. The School is committed to making reasonable adjustments to teaching and learning, assessment, professional experience and other activities to address the impact of students' disabilities so that they are able to participate in their course.