The University's most prestigious prize
To celebrate the life and contribution of the University's founding Chancellor, the Chancellor Robert Hope Memorial Prize is awarded to a student who demonstrates:
- Exceptional academic performance
- Outstanding leadership
- Significant contribution to the University and/or the wider community
As the only prize awarded by the University Council, it is considered to be the University's most prestigious prize.
Nominations for 2021 are now open. Nominations close at 5pm on Monday 22nd November 2021.
To be eligible for the Chancellor Robert Hope Memorial Prize students are required to:
- Be eligible to graduate (having completed all course requirements) in the current calendar year with a Bachelor degree from UOW
- Have completed at least 96 credit points at UOW
- Have achieved consistent outstanding academic results, which is reflected in an indicative Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 80* or above
- Demonstrate an exceptional contribution to the University or the broader community
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities
- Have the capacity to become an ambassador for the University
* The Selection Committee will calculate the WAM for each student using the following formula: Sum of (credit points x mark) / Sum of credit points. For students graduating in December, the WAM calculation will include final marks for Spring session. Student who are unsure if they will achieve a WAM of 80 when taking into account their marks for Spring are encouraged to apply regardless, as this criteria will be used as an indicative measure only.
Recognising you for going above and beyond
The recipient of the Prize will receive:
- The Chancellor Robert Hope Medal; and
- A monetary prize of $7000
- A $3000 donation to one or more charitable or community organisations selected by the recipient.*
- * Suitable organisations must be considered a ‘Deductible Tax Recipient' by the Australian Taxation Office and are subject to approval by the Chancellor Robert Hope Memorial Prize selection committee.
How to nominate
Submit your nomination form:
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post, addressed to:
Governance and Legal Division
University of Wollongong NSW 2522
Is there anything you are unsure about? Email your questions to email@example.com