Career Development and Employability Support for HDR students
PhD and Masters by Research graduates pursue a wide variety of job roles across many sectors.
Your career options may relate to your unique topic, wider discipline or the broad range of skills you have gained through your research and other activities. Whatever your topic or target career, academia or other sectors, when thinking about your career it is important that you:
- Know yourself and your options
- Enhance your employability
- Plan your job search
- Know your work rights and responsibilities
- Additional information for international students
You can also access a range of targeted careers support services at UOW:
- See current HDR Jobs and Internship opportunities on our JobBoard
- Attend a seminar tailored for HDR students
- Join a 'Careers Lounge' program for final year HDR students engaged in the job search
- Request a review of your resume or job application
UOW HDR Blog - HDR Career Conversations
Subscribe to, read and comment on our UOW careers blog just for HDR students. The blog covers a range of topics such as;
- '6 Characteristics of the Scientist-Entrepreneur' by UOW Alumnus Dr. Cameron Ferris
- 'Longing to belong in academic culture'
- 'The post -PhD job dilemma'