The District Court Judges Program is a unique work experience opportunity for Law students to work alongside three District Court Judges - their Honours, Judge Richard Cogswell SC, Judge Andrew Haesler SC and Judge Paul Conlon SC.
The program gives students the opportunity to gain:
- experience in the kind of work normally only undertaken by a judge’s associate
- rare insight into the workings of a judge’s chambers; and
- an understanding of courtroom procedure.
This program provides students with an opportunity to expand their training, and is particularly relevant for those who are considering applying for a Judge’s Associateship.
Application and eligibility
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) are open to Law students in their penultimate and final year.
- A call for EOI’s will be sent out at the beginning of each calendar year.
- 15 students will be chosen on the basis of merit.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Attend an information session;
- Submit a short report outlining their experience with each judge.
Students will receive a Certificate of Participation on the completion of the program.
Professor Julia Quilter - firstname.lastname@example.org
John Littrich - email@example.com