Study a semester at Sophia University, Japan with an $8,500 grant
Experience Japanese Innovation, Business and Management Practices
Project Coordinator: A/Prof Shahriar Akter (email@example.com)
There are five $8,500 New Colombo Plan Mobility grants for students to undertake a semester exchange at Sophia University, Japan in Autumn 2021.
This program provides undergraduate business and law students an opportunity to explore the unique Japanese perspectives of business. In addition, students will complete a Japanese language program at Sophia University. On this program, students will experience Japanese business and management practices through various case studies of leading Japanese corporations. This experience will prepare students to do business with Japan, gaining skills in cultural awareness and adaptiveness.
Email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility requirements for applicants:
- Hold Australian citizenship
- Not hold dual-citizenship or residency rights in Japan
- Studying an undergraduate business and law degree (double-degree students, where one of the degrees is a Faculty of Business and Law course are eligible)
- Have not previously received a New Colombo Plan Mobility Grant for a semester exchange program
- Meet the requirements of the UOW International Exchange Program
Grant nominees cannot receive another travel grant offered by the University of Wollongong. However, grant nominees may be eligible to apply for an OS-HELP loan (eligibility requirements apply).
This grant is supported by the New Colombo Plan, which is a signature initiative of the Australian Government which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia by supporting Australian undergraduates to study and undertake Internships in the region.
Please visit the website for more information on the New Colombo Plan.