Virtual international experiences provide many of the same benefits as an in person international experience, including learning about a new culture, encountering new perspectives, and building connections with students and industry around the world. They also offer some of their own unique advantages, such as having greater accessibility and increasing your tech skills. Global virtual programs are the flexible way to gain a meaningful cultural experience!
Below you will find a range of virtual international opportunities targeted at Business and Law students specifically. The possibilities are almost endless – you can find even more choices on UOW’s Global Learning Online Page.
Why should I undertake a virtual international experience?
- Gain valuable international experience without the jetlag or hassle of relocating
- For those with a packed academic schedule or need to balance study with work, virtual experiences are more flexible and can often fit in around your day-to-day life
- They are more affordable! Virtual programs have lower fees and don’t incur expenses such as flights and accommodation
- Network with like-minded students and professionals around the world
- Enhance your cross-cultural and virtual communication skills for the global job market
- Obtain extra credit towards your degree (subject to faculty approval)
Are there scholarships and grants available?
There are a number of scholarships and grants available for eligible applicants to help meet the costs associated with these programs. Look at the details listed for each program to see if this might be an option for you.