International travel is on hold right now, but we've adapted to bring you invaluable virtual global opportunities - without any of the jetlag!
Virtual international experiences recreate much of the in-person international experiences, such as learning about a new culture, immersing yourself in a new language, and connecting with other students and industry around the world. While you may not be able to explore a new city, you can still gain meaningful cultural experiences, and often in a much more flexible way.
Below you will find a range of virtual international opportunities targeted to Business and Law students specifically. The possibilities are almost endless – there are even more choices on our Global Learning Online Page.
Why should I do a virtual international experience – can’t I wait for the borders to open?
- Obtain extra credit towards your degree which will possibly allow you to graduate sooner. For those with a packed academic schedule or need to balance school with work, virtual experiences are more flexible and allow you to maintain your day-to-day schedule while still getting to build your international network
- Gain valuable international experience without the jetlag or hassle of relocating
- It’s accessible! The reality is that, even when the borders are open, international travel isn’t a possibility for everyone. Virtual experiences work around some of these barriers meaning that pausing your commitments around work, family and finances might not be necessary
- Meet other students from around the world
- Enhance your cross-cultural and virtual communication skills for the global job market
Are there Scholarships and Grants available?
A number of scholarships and grants are available to eligible applicants to help you meet costs associated with the programs. Look at the details listed beside each program to see if this might be an option for you.