This year will be a reimbursement scheme only which allows regional and metropolitan campus locations to also be able to participate in the program. There will be no drive through clinic on campus and pharmacy vouchers are not on offer in 2021.
The University has engaged Australian Vaccine Services (AVS) to conduct the scheme which is open to employees of UOW, UOW Pulse, and UOW Global Enterprises.
The process to receive your flu vaccination in 2021 is:
- Contact your preferred pharmacy and book a flu vaccination
- Pay for and receive your flu vaccination
- Make sure you keep your receipt
- Ask for confirmation/certification of your vaccination - DO NOT ask UOW
- Note that there is a $25 cap for reimbursement
- Access the UOW/AVS portal and submit a claim for reimbursement (including your receipt and proof of vaccination)
- Please use your UOW staff email address when submitting your claim or it may delay the reimbursement (this scheme is only open to staff members)
- Receive email confirmation of the claim and claim number which can be used to track the progress of your claim
- Receive reimbursement in approximately 2 weeks
Mental health training courses
In 2021, UOW will be continuing the roll out of two face to face Mental Health training courses:
Feedback has been very positive, with staff stating:
- ‘Great course - Very practical and useful’
- ‘Created a safe space to discuss and ask questions’
There are also two online mental health training programs that can be completed by staff at any time:
These training courses align with the UOW workplace mental health strategy, which can be found on the Well@Work Healthy Mind page.
For more information on the above courses and how to enrol, please visit the PODS Staff Development Calendar (Intranet).