2023 Influenza Vaccination Scheme
Annual influenza vaccine should occur anytime from April onwards to be protected for the peak flu season, which is generally June to September. The highest level of protection occurs in the first 3 to 4 months following vaccination.
UOW's Influenza Vaccination Scheme will be commencing on Monday April 3. This year there are two options for the 2023 flu vaccination scheme.
Option one: for Wollongong campus
Wollongong Campus staff can book in for a free flu vaccination via the Wollongong Campus Pharmacy (no need to to submit a reimbursement).
Wollongong Campus staff can access a free flu vaccination at the Campus Pharmacy.
Please book via the below link:
Wollongong Campus Pharmacy Flu Vaccination Booking
Staff will be required to provide their employee number and staff email address on arrival.
Option two: for staff working remotely or in other campuses
Staff working remotely or located at one of UOW's regional and metropolitan campus locations can submit a reimbursement via Australian Vaccine Services.
This year's reimbursement scheme allows those working remotely or located at one of UOW's regional and metropolitan campus locations to also be able to participate in the program. There will be no drive through clinic on campus and pharmacy vouchers are not on offer this year.
The University has engaged Australian Vaccine Services (AVS) to conduct the scheme. For anything related to your personal situation you should speak with your GP or pharmacist.
The process to receive your flu vaccination in 2023 is:
- Contact your preferred GP or pharmacy and book a flu vaccination
- Pay for and receive your flu vaccination
- Make sure you keep your receipt
- Ask for confirmation/certification of your vaccination - DO NOT ask UOW
- Note that there is a $25 cap for reimbursement
- Access the UOW/AVS portal and submit a claim for reimbursement
- Receive email confirmation of the claim and claim number which can be used to track the progress of your claim
- Receive reimbursement in approximately 2 weeks
Please direct any enquiries to AVS on 1800 FLU VAC (358 822).