LivingWorks Suicide Prevention Training
UOW is aware of the importance of suicide prevention and has partnered with LivingWorks Suicide Prevention to deliver various courses to better equip staff and students with the skills needed to support their peers.
LivingWorks is an organisation with an industry-leading approach to suicide prevention. These courses include honest, open and direct talk about suicide. Participants will be encouraged to help prepare discussions with persons at risk.
The goal of these courses is to empower everyone to play a role and help keep communities everywhere safe from suicide.
By completing one or more of the LivingWorks courses you will:
- recognise signs that someone is at risk from suicide and know where to refer the person to support pathways
- deeply listen and engage
- engage in problem solving capacity and help the person develop a safety plan
- ASIST participants will receive a certificate of completion (requirement to attend the full 2 day interactive program)
For more information on the different LivingWorks training courses, please view the UOW LivingWorks Suicide Prevention Postvention Training pack.
Registrations are now open for the training.
Session dates and times can be found here: Session information: LivingWorks Suicide Prevention training.
There are a number of support services available for staff and students to access if they require further support:
- LivingWorks Training Support Resources - Students
- LivingWorks Training Support Resources - Staff