Physical activity is classified by the World Health Organisation as all types of incidental and planned movement including activity that occurs during work, recreation, exercise and sport.
Well@Work promote and support a UOW Healthy Body.
Located on Wollongong Campus & Innovation Campus, UniActive boasts:
- Two air-conditioned gyms featuring Precor Cardio equipment and Life Fitness Hammer Strength equipment (Wollongong Campus and Innovation Campus)
- 50m heated outdoor swimming pool - Recently upgraded.
- Basketball, Badminton, Squash and Tennis Courts
- Extensive sporting facilities and ovals
- Sports Hub: a multi-purpose indoor sport stadium including a High Performance Training Area and Boxing Gym
- Over 50 Group Exercise Classes a week
- Health and Fitness Programs and Events
- Personal Training
- Fitness programs for schools and corporate groups
- Swim School catering for children ages 3yrs+ and adults
- Phytness Healthcare provides onsite physiotherapy, remedial massage, exercise physiology and sports medicine services to help you achieve your health and fitness goals.
UOW staff and the Illawarra community are all welcome to use our facilities too.
See what UniActive has to offer.
Your lifestyle can have a major impact on your health and wellbeing. Here are some handy nutritional links and resources to help you on your way.
Free UOW staff nutrition assessments
Well@Work would like to thank the discipline of Nutrition & Dietetics from the School of Medicine for providing free Nutrition & Diet Assessments for UOW Employees in 2018.
We look forward to more collaboration in 2019.
Special thanks to Meredith Kennedy for the supervision and organisation of these amazing students.
Make healthy normal
We are living in an environment where being unhealthy has become normal. Over half of adults and more than one in five children in NSW are overweight or obese, increasing their risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke and type 2 diabetes later in life.
The good news? It's never too late to make a change for yourself or your family. Small changes to your lifestyle can make a big difference. We need to change normal. We need to make healthy normal.
General Health covers an extremely broad spectrum of health related topics under the Healthy Body banner.
Well@work aims to provide awareness and support for UOW staff on health and wellbeing, however if you do not find information relevant to your concern, please contact the WHS Unit on 4221 3931 to discuss or if there is a medical concern we advise you to please contact your general practitioner or relevant medical provider.
Located upstairs in Building 11, Campus Clinic is a family owned, non-corporate medical practice, who are committed to providing the highest quality comprehensive medical care to the community of Wollongong University, students, alumni, staff and local residents.
Wollongong University and Campus Clinic are investing in a new medical precinct to provide modern attractive medical facilities for current and future generations of students and staff.
Dr Jennifer Bowler is the resident GP along with Dr Euan Bulcraig, Dr Caroline Lade & Dr Brendan Leslie.