|Prof Alex Frino||DVC(GS)/Chair of UIC||Ex-officio||Senior Executive|
|Mr Dominic Riordan||DVC(A) Nominee||Senior Executive|
|Prof WIlma Vialle||Chair, Academic Senate||Academic Senate|
|Prof Tim Marchant||Dean of Research||RaID|
|Prof Graham Williams||Chair of TESA and Associate Dean (Education)||Faculty of Business|
|Prof WIlma Vialle||Chair of GSM&P||GSM&P|
|A/Prof Gary Noble||Associate Dean (International)||Faculty of Business|
|A/Prof Christian Ritz||Associate Dean (International)||Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences|
|Dr Kate Bowles||Associate Dean (International)||Faculty of Law, Humanities and the Arts|
|A/Prof Dianne Jolley||Associate Dean (International)||Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health|
|Prof Irina Verenikina||Associate Dean (International)||Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Mr Brett Lovegrove||Executive Director (Global)||International Services and Developments|
|Ms Theresa Hoynes||Director of Student Services||Student Services|
|A/Prof Karen Charlton||Academic Senate Member||Elected by Academic Senate||Academic Senate|
|Ms Jessica Brown||Executive Officer||Vice-Chancellor's Unit|
Terms of reference
The University Internationalisation Committee shall:
- Provide direction on strategy and other matters pertaining to international agreements and alliances including offshore partner selection and review.
- Provide advice on the development and implementation of policies and strategies relating to international matters, as appropriate.
- Provide leadership and advice on international quality and benchmarking exercises including international positioning.
- Guide, monitor, review and approve the activities of its Sub-committees.
- Monitor and report on Study Abroad and Student Exchange including on and offshore student success and satisfaction rates.
- Facilitate and encourage the exchange and dissemination of information on international activities and issues across the University.
- Inform and advise the Academic Senate on international matters as they arise.
- Develop, implement, review and report the international objectives within the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Advise UOW Senior Executive on strategic alliances, including offshore programs.
Roles and responsibilities of members
The University Internationalisation Committee is a representative committee overseeing the activities of its Sub-committees and ensuring appropriate interaction of international issues, as well as the dissemination of information and advice to the Academic Senate. Some members may be co-opted to the Committee in an advisory capacity on the basis of their expertise in particular areas. The list of members is available here
The UIC shall consist of:
- the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Strategy) (Chair)
- the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) or nominee
- the Chair of Academic Senate
- Dean of Research
- the Chair of Transnational Education and Strategic Alliances (TESA) Sub-committee
- the Chair of Global Student Mobility and Partnerships (GSM&P) Sub-committee
- All Associate Deans (International)
- Associate Dean (Education)
- Executive Director (Global)
- an Academic Senate Member (1)
- the Director, Student Services Division
- the Manager, International Business Development
The University Internationalisation Committee will meet at least four times per year.
The Committee shall have a quorum which is equal to one-half or, where one-half is not a whole number, the whole number next higher to one-half of the total number of members for the time being of the Committee.
Relationship of UIC and its sub-committees to other international roles and functions at UOW
UIC and its sub-committees complement and support the following roles and functions responsible for managing or running the various international activities of the University:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Strategy)
- Other relevant committees
- Internationalisation Strategic Plan objectives - refer to the appendix to the University Strategic Plan (PDF)