This is an advanced workshop for degree-qualified professionals (including speech therapists, occupational therapists, teachers, behaviour therapists, medical professionals and psychologists) who work with children with ASD (and other developmental disorders) who would like to learn how to carry out ongoing therapy using the Early Start Denver Model. It is the standardised Therapist workshop developed by Sally Rogers and Geraldine Dawson (MIND Institute UC Davis).
These workshops are delivered remotely (via live zoom stream) to facilitate access for all interested professionals in Australia and abroad. The course is delivered as a series of 6 half day workshops, each a week apart. This provides flexibility and time between each session for reflection and practice in each participant’s own workplace.
Participants will receive online supervision to assess a child with ASD and develop and implement an intervention program, using the ESDM teaching principles. Coaching and feedback will be provided by a Certified ESDM Trainer across the 6 half day sessions to build skills and confidence.
It is important that professionals wishing to provide ESDM Therapy continue through a certification process, following the Advanced Workshop, to achieve fidelity in delivering this model of intervention. This is the only way to become a Certified ESDM Therapist. Follow up supervision and mentoring are provided throughout this process, including fortnightly booster coaching sessions to help keep participants well supported. This certification process is strongly encouraged to deliver the model at fidelity and its most authentic level. See below for further details.
Prerequisites: Completion of the online EARLY START DENVER MODEL INTRODUCTORY WORKSHOP, complete this 8 hour online introductory workshop before participating in the ESDM Advanced workshop. This is a compulsory pre-requisite.
For Teachers in NSW, Australia, who are Including Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders , please note that completing the Early Start Denver Model Advanced Workshop will contribute 18 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of students/children with disability addressing standard descriptors 1.1.2, 1.6.2, 3.1.2, 4.1.2, 5.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Workshops include a half-day session over 6 weeks.
Cost: $1,980 (includes GST) per participant.
Contact the ESDM training coordinator to book on firstname.lastname@example.org
ESDM Advanced Workshop Schedule January – June 2022
- WORKSHOP 1: Tuesday, 11 January – Tuesday, 15 February - FULL
- WORKSHOP 2: Wednesday, 12 January – Wednesday, 23 February - FULL
- WORKSHOP 3: Tuesday, 8 March – Tuesday, 12 April - FULL
- WORKSHOP 4: Wednesday, 9 March – Wednesday, 13 April - FULL
- WORKSHOP 5: Tuesday, 3 May - Tuesday, 7 June - FULL
- WORKSHOP 6: Wednesday, 4 May - Wednesday, 8 June - FULL
- WORKSHOP 7: Tuesday, 21 June – Tuesday, 2 August
- WORKSHOP 8: Wednesday, 22 June – Wednesday, 3 August
- WORKSHOP 9: Tuesday, 16 August – Tuesday, 20 September
- WORKSHOP 10: Wednesday 17 August – Wednesday, 21 September
- WORKSHOP 11: Tuesday, 25 October – Tuesday, 29 November
- WORKSHOP 12: Wednesday, 26 October – Wednesday, 30 November
Please contact the ESDM training co-ordinator to obtain an application form. Please forward your Introductory Certificate if completed: email@example.com