How to apply

Congratulations for making the choice to study at UOW! We're here to support your choices and help you find your dream career. At UOW you'll be joining students who are all working towards the same thing - becoming part of a community of graduates who are recognised by global employers as being among the best in the world.

Applying through a UOW representative or agent

If you are based outside Australia, you will need to engage the services of a UOW international representative/agent as you cannot apply directly.

A UOW international representative can assist you with every step of the application process, from preparing application documents and formal acceptance to visa application. For your closest agent, please see our Agent List.

Applying through UAC

International students who are currently studying in an Australian secondary school may choose to apply through the Universities Admissions Centre.

Processing times

You will receive the outcome of your application within two to four weeks for coursework programs or up to six weeks for research programs.

Documentation requirements

You need to provide copies of all academic records, marksheets or transcripts of studies previously undertaken. Please see further information about supporting documents.

Some courses have additional entry requirements. For information regarding these additional requirements check the entry requirements links in the individual programs in Course Finder.

Special circumstances and procedures

Students under 18

UOW accepts enrolment by international students under the age of 18 who will be living in Australia with a parent, legal guardian or relative, approved by the Department of Home Affairs. If you do not have a guardian living with you in Australia, you must be at least 18 years of age by the date of commencement of session.

If you will not turn 18 before your course is due to start, and you do not have a guardian living with you in Australia, you may apply for a course offered by UOW College Australia, which accepts students under the age of 18 under the following circumstances:

  • you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or a relative over the age of 21 who has been approved by your parent/guardian AND this arrangement is approved by the Department of Home Affairs; or
  • you apply for an approved homestay arrangement for students under the age of 18.

Application closing dates

Bachelor and Postgraduate Coursework Degrees

Details of closing dates for each course can be found on Course Finder. Search for the degree you are interested in, and click ‘International students’ under the ‘Admission, Key dates, and Fees’ heading.

Higher Degree Research Courses

Applications for Higher Degree Research scholarships close on 17 October for Autumn Session (February).

Open Day Student Contact Us
Moving to Wollongong
Graduation Find your course
Awards and Rankings