Once you've completed the Enrolment Registration Form and your online enrolment request has been approved, your final step is to enrol in your course and subjects online. To enrol, follow the steps below:
1. Access the enrolment portal
Log into SOLS portal using your UOW student number (included in your offer letter) to access the online enrolment portal. If you have conditions listed on your offer, these will need to be cleared before you can log in. If you have any questions about clearing conditions, please contact us.
2. Create user account
Once inside the online enrolment portal, you will need to create your UOW username and password. This is what you will use to log in to university systems like SOLS. When creating your user account, make sure you provide a mobile number or email address to recover your user details should you forget them.
3. Confirm personal details
Here you will need to confirm your personal details, add an emergency contact, and let us know where you will be living during your enrolment (session address).
4. Complete survey
The Australian Government requires all students to complete this survey. If you do not know the answer to a question, leave it blank and move to the next question.
5. Upload your photo
Upload a photo of yourself for your student card. Ensure it meets our requirements.
6. Select your offer
All valid offers made to you will be listed. Select the course you'll be studying.
7. Provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI)
A USI is a unique number issued to each student by the Australian Government. You can only apply for a USI once you have entered Australia. Visit our USI page for more information on applying for a USI, or to check if you already have one.
If you are not yet in Australia, you can choose to not provide a USI at this step and tick the box to acknowledge that you will provide it at a later date once you have arrived.
8. Select your billing preference
Skip this step as international students are not eligible for HELP Loans.
9. Enrol in your first year subjects
Here you will enrol in your first-year subjects.
- Degrees with coursework – Master of Philosophy, Master by Research, PhD (Integrated), Professional Doctorates. If you are unsure of the subjects you should be enrolled into please refer to your offer of admission for subject details. Students enrolling into coursework subjects are requested to confirm the subject codes with their supervisors prior to commencing the enrolment process.
- Degrees without coursework – Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Philosophy (including a 24 credit point advanced standing). Doctorate or Master of Philosophy students enrolling into thesis/research component from the commencement of their degree must use the following subject codes, depending on the study load indicated in the offer of admission: Thesis (Full time) - THES924; Thesis (Part time) - THES912 for Doctor of Philosophy; or Thesis (Full time) - THES925; Thesis (Part time) - THES913 for Master of Philosophy with 24 credit point advanced standing.
- If you need to change your subjects following enrolment, you will need to email the Graduate Research School to make this change for you.
- Please note you must start attending classes by the second week of session at the latest and any subject enrolment changes after this time must be approved by the Head of School.
10. Finalise your enrolment
Once you've enrolled in your subjects, click on the ‘Summary’ tab to complete your online enrolment. Here you can choose to have a confirmation sent to your nominated email address.