How to Apply

Applying to UOW

Entry into most of our postgraduate coursework programs requires a Bachelor degree or equivalent. Some courses, such as the Master of Teaching, also have special entry requirements.

Don’t have a Bachelor, but have a wealth of work experience? You may be eligible for direct entry into one of our postgraduate programs, such as a Graduate Certificate.

The application process

  1. Find a course
  2. Make sure you satisfy the entry requirements
  3. Apply online or by filling out the application form and sending it back to Future Students. 

See our Coursework application webpage to learn about the application process including application closing dates and supporting documentation 

Important things to remember

  1. Change of name:  If you have changed your name or any of your documents show a name that is different from the one that you have used in your application, you must present certified evidence of the change (marriage certificate, deed poll, statutory declaration).
  2. Special needs: If you have a disability and require advice or assistance with your studies, please get in touch with our Disability Liaison Officers.
  3. Accommodation: The cost of accommodation is not included in the tuition fees. See UOW Living for accommodation options on or near campus. 
  4. English language proficiency: If you are a domestic student and English is not your first language, you’ll have to provide evidence of satisfying the University's English language requirements.
  5. Tuition fees: We have many financial assistance options available to students.
  6. Cancellations and refunds: See UOW’s Tuition Fees and Refund Policy.
  7. Declaration and signature: All application forms must be signed.
  8. Proof of citizenship: Certified evidence of Australian/New Zealand citizenship/Permanent Residency required before enrolment e.g. current passport or birth certificate.


Last reviewed: 27 October, 2016