COVID-19 workers compensation update
WHS encourage all UOW staff with any injury or illness concerns to please advise your supervisor and contact WHS on the contacts below.
There are changes to WHS Workers Compensation processes during this current time. WHS would like to note the following:
For new claims
All UOW employees lodging a workers compensation claim are to follow the procedures outlined below:
- Advise your supervisor
- Log the incident details via the UOW SafetyNet incident report via: https://safetynet.uow.edu.au/uowauth/login
- Contact WHS via email on the following methods:
- email email@example.com
- phone 4221 5907, 4221 5695 or 0409 457 851
WHS will arrange in consultation with the employee, a telehealth appointment with a Doctor to provide a WorkCover Certificate of Capacity.
For existing workers compensation claimants
WHS encourage those claimants requiring medical treatment to continue to seek recommended treatment safely. It is important to maintain regular contact with your health providers.
Recent Workers Compensation amendments due to Covid-19 have allowed allied health professionals to undertake 2 new processes:
- Telehealth appointments can be undertaken by physiotherapist, hand therapists, osteopaths and psychologists to replace face to face consults. Check with your provider.
- Allied health providers such as those noted above can also provide updated certificates of capacity for claimants unable to gain GP bookings.
These services will be covered under workers compensation claims costs by WHS.
For those experiencing recent concerns, WHS would suggest making contact with your provider ASAP to seek treatment advice.
Any concerns on your current claim, please contact Neil Ryan on 42215907 or Rachael Doves on 42215695 (Mon, Tue, Thu), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.