Facilities available to UOW Bega Valley students and staff include:
- Computer laboratory - DELL computers with flat screen available including internet access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Free Wi-fi in all classrooms and common areas
- VideoConferencing - A number of lectures are delivered from UOW Wollongong via live videoconferencing
- Kitchenette - Fridge, toaster, tea & coffee making facilities
- Library - in addition to the print and electronic resources available in the library, computers are available for library research. Photocopying facilities are also available.
After-hours access is available to students who wish to use the University computers or simply find a quiet place to study.
An active social group organises social, sporting and other recreational student activities. Please talk to your local staff or student representative if you have any ideas or suggestions.
Information technology support - this includes UOW IT computer and software support.
Audio-visual support - is available to assist in the overall educational experience and can be used for presentations and flexible delivery of courses (e.g. video-conferencing, video players and overhead projectors). We also have available multimedia tools including a digital camera, digital video camera, mini disk recorder/player, document/image scanner, DVD player and cassette recorder; all of which will enhance your student experience!
Counselling Services - a qualified counsellor is available for student consultations regarding appeals, special consideration, personal and other problems.
Student Accessibility & Inclusion - The Student Accessibility and Inclusion Team offers personalised assistance for students living with a disability or health condition who are studying at UOW.
Indigenous Student Success Advisor - Local advice about tutoring programs, grant, scholarships, careers programs and cultural events.
Learning Development - learning assistance is available for students in various areas relevant to degree studies. Workshops include:
- Time Management
- Reading and Note Making
- Essay Writing
- Structuring Arguments and Critical Thinking
- Exam Preparation and Techniques
- Individual consultations are also available.
University Careers Service - offers advice and guidance to students regarding their future employment options and study strategies.