Costs and financial aid

Indicative tuition fees


Typical cost for one session of Study Abroad - Autumn or Spring

Tuition fee 2024 $9,990
OSHC (health insurance)* $483
Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)* $175.50
Living expenses** $8,000 – $12,000
TOTAL $18,412 - $22,412

**Including accommodation, food, entertainment, books, additional internet usage beyond the UOW allocated quota, printing costs and transport. Living expenses will vary according to individual lifestyle.

NOTE: for summer session, the tuition fee is $4,700

Financial Aid

Many students are eligible to apply for their regular Federal Financial Aid in order to undertake their studies at the University of Wollongong. Please contact your institution’s financial aid office to confirm that financial aid is available for overseas study and to find out if you are eligible for loan money.

English Plus Uni

Tuition fees vary according to the length of the program. Please find a list of fees available on the UOW College Australia website. 

Visiting Research Program Fees

Tuition fees for the Visiting Research Program are determined by the length of the program. In most cases, this fee will be waived by the faculty responsible.



Up to 13 Weeks (1 - 3 Months) $3000
Up to 26 Weeks (3 - 6 Months) $6000
Up to 52 Weeks (7 - 12 Months) $12000

Please note: VRP students can apply for an International Postgraduate Tuition Award by selecting the option under Section 4 of the application. Scholarships will then be reviewed and approved by the Dean of the relevant faculty. If a scholarship is awarded, students will only be liable to pay the application fee and OSHC charges to UOW to participate in the Visiting Research Program. All travel and living costs are the responsibility of the student.

Overseas Student Health Cover

Students coming to UOW for more than 3 months must purchase Overseas Student Health Cover from an Australian approved provider, the cost of which will be outlined in your UOW Offer of Admission letter. VRP students coming to UOW for less than 3 months must purchase their own appropriate cover for the entire length of their stay in Australia.