Campus East is located in the beach-side suburb of Fairy Meadow, a 15 minute free bus ride from the main University of Wollongong campus. The Residence setting is spread across large attractive bushland grounds, including a number of playing fields and a nearby university gym. Campus East is also only a 5 minute walk to a beautiful beach, as well as local shops and eating outlets. Campus East houses 520 mostly under-graduate residents in either flexible-catered or self-catered accommodation. Students come from around Australia and all over the world creating a supportive and fun community that is rich in diversity.
At Campus East we aim to develop and foster a sense of pride and inspire passion for our college. We do this by:
- Promoting a strong sense of community that encourages diversity, respect and consideration for others
- Creating an atmosphere where our studies are prioritised and valued
- Encouraging a balanced and healthy lifestyle
- Providing a safe and supportive, living and learning environment that allows students to realise their personal and academic abilities and potential within a responsible social setting,
- Formation of a diverse network of healthy, supportive and respectful friendships.
- Obtaining Level 3 accreditation with UniCAN in alcohol and drug education
Eating at Campus East
George Matchett dining room and café
The Dining Room is your go-to place to meet fellow residents for a coffee, have breakfast and/or lunch, grab snacks and drinks. In the evenings there is a diverse range of great value meals available six nights a week. At Campus East you are not locked into a 21 meal a week contract, thus allowing you to better control your budget. Flexible meal plans are available and these are a popular option offering deep discounts on the walk-in price. Resident surveys regularly rate the quality of our food as excellent and our chefs are very responsive to requests.
Campus East’s beachside location is ideal for enjoying an outdoor lifestyle. Students can make the most of this by accessing the BBQs located at the rear of the games rooms. There are a number of major supermarkets within walking distance of Campus East including Coles, Woolies and Aldi. The main CBD of Wollongong is a free 15 minute bus ride away.